I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, April 26, 2021

Week Thirty-One: Hungry, Hungry, Uh-Ohs

 Just when you think you're doing well...

Image by 代 笠 from Pixabay 

WHAM- the hungries get you.

I have no idea where they came from. I was doing what I do, and all of a sudden, I'm hit with the hunger pangs of a rabid beast; I could eat a tree as long as I had something to chew on.

It's a desperate, gnawing, needful hunger that takes over your entire being, and if you don't get something to eat fast, there are going to be casualties.

There was only one time I was ever this hungry- I was pregnant with my son, twenty-three years ago.

And unless God did a reverse hysterectomy, I know it's not that particular issue again. But it was the same exact craving- it had to be meat, and lots of it.

I'm telling you, folks, it took everything I had not to go on an all-out binge. There was no need to binge- I was eating what I wanted! But I wanted it all, and then some. 

I still have no idea where this hunger came from, other than we ran out of chicken, and I've been eating a lot more pork and beef for the past two weeks. But the freezer is full, and all I could get was a rotisserie chicken for my chickeny needs. 

This was a hard week. The food addict I was came back with a vengeance; I'm not downplaying any other addictions- you can do without alcohol, drugs, and other temptations, but you can't live without food. You have to control it, or it controls you.

Frankly, I've had enough of giving my addiction the wheel. This is my bus, and I want to be a sub-compact, thank you very much!

Even as I write this, I can still feel a tenuous remnant of those hunger pangs from last week. The only reason they faded was that I eat more on the weekends. In fact, Sunday, I had a big breakfast and a small lunch, yet when we went out to dinner last night and were served enormous portions, I came home with 7/8 of it, which surprised me and everyone else.

It could be because I broke a plateau, and my body was quite happy as a hippo and didn't want to go down to the next level of weight loss. At least I broke it the week before last- I hope I didn't jeopardize my progress this past week by caving to the hunger once too often. 

The good news is I have plenty of chicken now, because I still have most of the rotisserie, and six of the 7/8 doggie bag is chicken parmesan. I have enough leftovers to last me more than half the week!

More good news is that my greens are growing well.

I have a lot of romaine lettuce to cut down for one huge salad and leftovers for sandwiches, and I might have enough kale to make at least two or three bowls of homemade Zuppa tuscana- that sausage, potato, and kale soup they serve at a certain Italian restaurant franchise. Three bowls would be enough for my down days during the week. I might have just enough spinach grown to add to both salad and soup. 

It always surprises me just how fast four weeks go by. Next week is weigh-in time, and I hope to have pictures, along with some more losses in either weight or body mass. The results are going to be a surprise for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment