I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, December 7, 2020

Week Eleven: Gobble, Hobble, Wobble

The beginning of the week went well- work was slow, but I got a lot more done in the house. I stood up a lot more, but the cold made my arthritic knees ache, so walking outdoors (other than work) was not going to happen.

This weekend I had two seven-to-eight-hour windows, and since it's cookie baking season for us, that's what I intended to do- at least on Saturday. Funny thing- when I bake I don't eat, and I'd planned on making cookies and other goodies the entire weekend not only to clear space in the freezer but to test how much certain recipes actually made for a food order for Christmas. 

I know that doesn't sound like IFing news, but wait- this is just the preliminary game plan. 

Saturday was supposed to be cookies all day (about twenty-four dozen), and Sunday was a day of bad-for-you baked snacks to graze on for the entire afternoon. Meals weren't entirely planned, though cookie day was also going to be homemade pizza dough day, because Sunday was going to involve homemade pigs in a blanket, homemade pizza, fried ravioli, and pepperoni dip. Not one vegetable in the lot, unless you count the tomato sauce!

Unfortunately, Saturday was a bust- errands took longer than usual, my daughter was working longer than expected, and other distractions got in the way. Saturday was written off and most of my time was spent waiting for my helpers to come home. Yes, I could have done all of it myself, but this was supposed to be family time. Ah, well. I spent the time watching cookie class videos and letting my imagination do the running instead of my aching knees.

Sunday was another story- cookie dough was made, and my daughter and I worked as bakers for most of the afternoon, at least until I realized I needed to make those blanket piggies. So while she was finishing up the cookie baking, I was making sheet after sheet of pigs in blankets, eating a few 'test bite pigs' after each batch came fresh out of the oven. 

There were a lot more of those mini hot dogs in the package than I thought. They used up most of my pizza dough, so no pizza for that nights' dinner. We did however have a fresh batch of pepperoni dip, so I made breadsticks out of the leftover dough. After filling myself with blanket piggies, there wasn't much room for the dip and sticks but it was so good, I ate it anyway.

I never did get to the ravioli. Everyone else was full of the snacky stuff too, so I put the ravioli back in the freezer for another time. I went to bed feeling like that blueberry girl Violet in Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory- wondering if my stomach will ever feel empty again as I fell asleep.

Image by jggrz from Pixabay 

I felt so sluggish and bloated this morning!

Never again. At least until I forget I ever had this feeling, get cocky, and overgraze on bready stuff. Ugh.

This week the watchword is moderation. A friend of ours took the rest of the dip home with them (so it's now out of temptations' reach), my son will probably polish off the rest of the pigs in blankets today, and I will be behaving myself by eating as little bread as possible. My weigh-in is next week; I'm not going into starvation mode to 'counteract' having overdone it, but I also know that the weight loss might not be as significant as I want- if at all. 

I don't think I'll be opening my eating window as wide on the weekends as I have been- especially after the holidays are over. Eight hours is just too much time for me to overdo it, but a seven or six-hour window should allow me enough time to have a late breakfast and a light early dinner with my family.

I haven't eaten in fourteen hours, yet I still feel like an overstuffed elephant. I'm so glad I'm going back to work and not eating until after three o'clock! Apparently, I'm no good on my own. 

Oddly enough, we baked all those cookies and I didn't eat a single one, except for the initial taste test, which was one bite of my daughters' freshly baked chocolate chip cookie she insisted I try. I wish I could say the same for the savory baked goods!


No comments:

Post a Comment