I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, November 30, 2020

Week Ten: Gobble, Gobble...NOT!

It's the week of Thanksgiving and all through the places, people were coming and stuffing their faces.

Image by Maggie Morrill from Pixabay 

But not meeee!

I had Thanksgiving and Friendsgiving, and both times I took what I liked, yet didn't overindulge. Success!

This week was a bit messed up window-wise, but I adjusted the times so before and after those big window days, I had a much smaller eating window. 

I'm finding the downside of IF is not getting to eat everything I like in the time frame I'd prefer. We now have five people total in the house, and most times I don't get a second taste of something I like. I still refuse second helpings, but I get a little angsty when I know the leftovers might not be there the next day. Sigh.

My snacks are slowly changing to healthier choices, but I still have an occasional handful of salty snacks several times a week. Nuts are still a great alternative, but sometimes a girl just gotta have some chips or cheese curls! I know these are bad for me, but at least I'm no longer eating the entire giant bag- like I used to! My husband also bought a bag of giant oranges- my favorite snack fruit!

Exercise is still a challenge. During the holiday week, I sat for the most part prepping food for the two big meals. My upper body got a workout, but my bottom half remained relatively still. The colder weather is making my joints ache a bit more, and getting up requires a little creaking and stretching before I'm able to initiate 'full movement' mode.

Unfortunately, the bakery job is on hold because of more covid restrictions imposed, so my chance of being on my feet more during work isn't going to happen soon, if at all. I'll be doing a lot more baking now that the Christmas season is upon us, so I'll be moving around a lot more in the coming weeks when at home.

Veggies have been added to the menu and now we have an abundance of healthy leftovers from the holiday. Mashed potatoes, carrots, corn, and green beans are stocked in the fridge, and I know those will last longer than the turkey and stuffing. At least the carrots and green beans will, and that's okay with me- I can make more mashed potatoes when they run out. I do love my potatoes!

I also love whipped cream- My husband made a fresh batch and whilst I was taste-testing the beater, he decided to swat me in the face with the spatula. Fortunately, my daughter recorded this little gem here:

(if you can't see the video, copy and paste this link) https://www.facebook.com/100009322582338/videos/2798544767132915/

The only tweaks I plan for this next week are cutting down my food intake a little and exercising more. All in all, it was a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment