I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, October 12, 2020

Week Four: End of Trial Results

                                                           

                                                              Image by Vidmir Raic from Pixabay 

It's day twenty-nine folks! Time to break out the measuring tape- er, I mean string, the ruler, and the freight scale at hubby's work and see just what's been happening!

But before my report, some details about my week:

My energy is still running high! Maybe a little too high, because I'm starting to have a little trouble staying asleep. Just a little tweak in the food department (adding not taking away) will solve this issue.

I went out for the day for the first time in a long time, and when the appetizers came, I had a taste of everything I wanted, but not one of everything like I used to do! One half of this, a quarter of that was all I needed to make a very small plate of tasty morsels before dinner.

And when dinner came, I ate until I was full, and doggie bagged the rest. No feelings of regret, guilt, or even deprivation- I just didn't want to finish off my plate. The best part was I had the leftovers for two meals, not one!

An hour after dinner, we decided to go get some ice cream. I had a double-dip waffle cone (forgetting to order a smaller one and getting what I normally polish off). I ate it nice and slow- short enough to not be a milky puddle, but long enough that I was the last to finish- and I ate the whole thing and felt just a little extra full, but not uncomfortably so. 

No guilt! No shame! And I totally enjoyed everything I'd put into my mouth!

After a few days, a five-hour window was harder than I thought, but I did it. A six-hour window works best for me, so this week, it's a six-hour window. 

I function best eating high protein with certain veggies. Not all veggies and fruits are good for my body unless I need an intestinal cleanse. Eesh!

I also did a quick re-read of the book and found that when I ended my fasting trial, I had a choice of doing eating windows or doing a 5:2 weekly up and down fast. Since I was losing an average of 4-1/2 pounds a week (which is way faster than I thought I would lose), I opened my eating window a little and will add just a little more food to my menu, simply because I don't want to crash and burn my metabolic rate. Slow and steady wins the race- Isn't that what Aesop said?

Now, to the reason we're all here today. The results of my first 28-day fast!

Here were my measurements:

28 days ago:                       Now:                              Difference:

Weight 363 lbs.                    346                                17 pounds

Biceps- 23"                         same                                 none

Chest- 61-1/2"                    59-1/2"                            2 inches

Waist- 58"                          55-1/2"                            2-1/2"

Hips- 69-1/2"                      64"                                  5-1/2"

Thigh- 32"                          31-1/4"                              3/4"

Neck- 18"                           same                                 none


And now the pictures, before and after:




Well, at least my face looks thinner! 😜

The point is I lost a whopping seventeen pounds and a lot of inches!

But this isn't the finish line. this is only the beginning!

The loss is a lot faster than I thought it would be, so I'll add a little food during my window so the rate isn't as fast. One to two pounds a week is a fair rate for my size, and eventually, I'll be tweaking this again when I hit a plateau.

I can't tell you how easy this was! Yes, sometimes I was hungry, but very few times the entire time I was near the point of bingeing. One hand with fingers left over, in fact. I see now how this can be for life because I still eat what I like- just not what my body likes. I don't even crave chips as much anymore! 

Let me tell you one more thing that even surprised me, the chipoholic. Today I had a sandwich bag of potato chips with me to snack on while at work, took a few before I realized they were stale. Would that have stopped me before? Nope! I would've eaten them anyway! But this time I decided they weren't eating because they just didn't taste good, and I tossed the rest of the bag in the trash.

Who is this person in my mirror, and what did she do with my chips??

Yep. I tossed them. Because I only was delicious things to eat now. I am not a garbage can who will accept anything edible anymore. And that's huge.

From now on I will weigh and measure monthly, giving you updates weekly. I hope you enjoy your trip with me down the scale and measuring tape, and I hope to encourage you that if I can do it, so can you!



3 comments:

  1. So inspiring, Beth. Yes, you do deserve to eat only delicious things! So glad this is working for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a way to subscribe/follow your blog?I have been doing IF since mid August and its fun hearing other peoples experience-I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the right hand side near the top is a follow button. :)

      Delete