I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, October 19, 2020

Week Five: Bad Habit Battle

I once read a book that said it took twenty-one days to break a bad habit.

Nope. It takes a lot longer than that! Especially when you've had certain bad habits for years.

Even the book Fast, Feast, Repeat said that I might struggle after the initial twenty-eight days. But I nailed it! Things should be easy-peasy now...right?

Nope again. The Hungries have lifted their little rebellious heads and have harassed me this entire week. On three occasions I found myself eating until I was overly full, though I admit, only one time did I eat until I was almost too full. Not to the point of a food coma, but enough to know I overdid it. 

So what happened?

I relaxed my mindset. I told myself I could have a little more food because I was losing too fast (oh, the irony!), so when I let myself relax a little, the Hungries tried to take over and make me overeat. They almost won too, on several occasions. Bad habit number one.

I even started eating some snacks simply because they were there. I wasn't even hungry for them. I just had to have a couple, here and there to try, to taste, to finish before anyone else could. Bad habit number two.

But was I going to let the Hungries win? Heck no! I did what it says in chapter eleven- tweak it 'til it's easy. So I shortened my window when I could, had a very light snack instead of a small meal, and found better things to do than eat.

It's working.

Image by Stefan Keller from Pixabay 

I also started paying attention to what I was eating that could cause the Hungries to bother me. One was bread (bakery-style, so less reactive, but still reactive) and I treated myself to a rare thing we seldom have in the house- soda. Each time I had either or both of these, the Hungries were worse the next day. So now I'm limiting those two items concerning my menu. 

Crackers don't bother me much at all (at least not that I'd noticed yet), so instead of a sandwich, I'll have crackers instead of bread. We'll see how that goes this week.

The energy has waned a bit, only because of the different foods I've been trying and now know to keep to a minimum. I'll be introducing the only salad I will ever eat sometime next week- chicken cobb salad- homemade of course!

Keeping myself busy after I get home from work is key to sticking to my new lifestyle of eating. Intermittent Fasting (IF for short) may not work for everyone, but it's working well for me! Prepare to be beaten, bad habits!


No comments:

Post a Comment