I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, February 29, 2016

One Year, Seven Weeks: On and Off the Treadmill

I feel like I'm on a treadmill without actually having touched one in years!

Life's treadmill keeps my butt firmly plastered to the seat of my van, my desk chair, and the folding chair I use for face painting and sewing. Standing and walking feels good, but I have to admit, those little breaks in my day happen less often than baseball seventh inning stretches.

And I desperately need those stretches. And walks. I'm definitely on the wrong treadmill here!

This week I maintained. I cooked my fanny off this weekend (unfortunately my fanny found me when I was sleeping and reattached itself), so I have at least two kinds of soup to eat during the week. I made homemade green/berry tea (very low calorie and very tasty!) and I'm ready to start losing once more. 

Spring is coming, 
the grass is green, 
if I start walking 
I'll soon get lean!

Lessons learned:

Cooking over the weekend really helps at night during the week when I'm too tired to cook- and hunger can make me make bad choices.

I started asking friends who live close to me if they want to walk with me when I get the chance.

I need to make time to walk. Or purchase an exercise bike or home elliptical for easier access to exercise.


Sometimes I long for an unhurried schedule where I can keep track without the chaos. But until that happens, I have to persevere and get my weight down to a more manageable level. I'm still mad at myself for having almost met my 50 pound goal and slipping so far back. But I'm not going to let that stop me from getting back to that point!

No comments:

Post a Comment