I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, February 15, 2016

One Year, Five Weeks: Eating Lifestyle On The Upswing!

It's amazing what you can do when you stop being lazy!

I shopped. I prepped. I planned. And I lost three pounds!

310 never felt so good.

Rotisserie chicken was the main food for breakfast, with a packed salad of romaine lettuce and grape tomatoes, sans dressing. I don't need dressing, so this wasn't so much a weight loss choice but a personal one. I also took a nice crunchy apple, cored and sliced or diced melon for easy snacking.

That lasted me all morning. 

For lunch there was Green Soup and an orange. For dinner? Well, I tried to keep away from the typical starchy stuff, but my husband made four trays of mac and cheese, so that's what was for dinner most of the week. I had one helping and supplemented with fruit later.

When I ran out of chicken, I did have breakfast sandwiches, but only two days that week. On the weekend I made myself special eggs (scrambled eggs with sauteed spinach and cherry tomatoes with a slice of American cheese in them) and a side of bacon. Yum!

Some days I forgot to eat lunch or didn't have time to eat, and ate what was left of my apple slices instead. I was amazed at how little I really needed to eat without feeling deprived. Sometimes I came home with leftovers!

This week I'll buy two chickens so I can also make chicken salad, and slice up some green peppers to go with it. Together they make a really good meal!

Lessons learned:

When you don't focus on food a lot, you realize you're not as hungry as you thought.

Eat when you're hungry and only when you're hungry.

Eat until satisfied- not full.

A few bites every hour or so is better than eating all at once- especially when your job is driving!


It wasn't easy doing all of this. Maintaining the fridge and keeping it full of grab-and-go good food is hard when time is limited. Sometimes I don't have time on the weekends and have to do it on my short breaks during the week- but it can be done. I just have to stop being lazy about it!

I have to remind myself that this isn't a fad diet- or any kind of 'diet' at all- this is a lifestyle I have to maintain if I want to continue losing weight- the proof is on the scale. Smart shopping works. Prepping works. Planning works. But it's up to me to keep things going!

No comments:

Post a Comment