I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, October 5, 2015

Week Thirty Eight: The Dear-God-It's-A-Tough-Fight! New Eating Lifestyle

I did the one thing I didn't want to do this week. I stepped on a scale.

I really didn't want to. Truly. I'd rather have painted the house than to step on the stupid scale. But I had to know just how bad a blew it.

Ugh.

I now weigh 295. A seven pound gain.

Double ugh.

Okay it's not so bad that I can't bounce back from it (though 'bounce' might not be the best word...sheesh!), but it's a big enough gain that I need to do something. Fast.

The problem is when I work, it's best for me to do the gym right afterwards, but menopause has hit me hard. I don't eat much in the mornings anymore, and by the time I finish working, it's almost lunch and I have no energy- not the best time to go to the gym.

I'm not making excuses. It's just the way things are going at the present moment. I've got to find a better way to get that exercise in, even if it means I do it after dinner. Or after lunch. Or after writing.

Egad, I wear way too many hats.

I've been thinking about joining a walking group. I've been thinking about starting a walking group. Just one more responsibility to add to the list! At least if I did this one, it might do a body good. Exercise reduces stress, and I could use a boatload of that right now.

Diet alone won't do it. Neither will exercise alone. I have to do both- there's no way around it. Especially if I want to avoid those 'miracle pills' and other weird things they make people do to lose weight.

Working as a driver, there isn't a lot of time to eat, but very little exercise. However, when I took that week off, that's when I gained the most weight- more than half the gain was in that week! So after a week or two back at work might help me lose something other than my schmidt! Now all I have to do is find something that's low intensity exercise and still keeps me away from food (at least for the most part), then the weight should melt off. I'll worry about sweating and raised heart rates later.

I need to keep my hands busy without sitting all the time. Egad- could it be? Would housework be the answer? Ewwww!
Although this is leaf raking season. That could be a good 'all over' workout! Hmm...

Lessons learned:

Some form of exercise must be done each day. Including...*shudder*...housework.

Stop having seconds- you're doing it again!

Remind yourself that the calories aren't worth it.

Don't beat yourself up over the gain. Learn from it.

Stop trying to fight this yourself. Join a group, create a group, or involve the family to motivate you to exercise more.

Reward your efforts with activities or a good book- not goodies.

If you can't live with 'just one taste', then do without it. You can't miss what you haven't tasted (or have seconds either!)


This is not an easy road for me to travel. To be honest, I'd thought I'd be a lot thinner by now. But that's okay- I'm still forty pounds lost, and I can lose that seven again. I will lose that seven again. I just might need some help this time, even if it's someone nagging me to take that walk! I might not be able to depend on anyone to go with me, but I know I can depend on a lot of people to nag me to get out there and do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment