I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, October 19, 2015

Week Forty: The Dear-God-What-Happened? New Eating Lifestyle

Where did the week go?

I managed to work two days this week, but the rest of the week was a wash. Sickness is never fun. This time I had no problem eating- and guess what? I gained back those five unwelcome pounds.

Of course it could be water weight, but it also could be that this is my plateau weight range. 290-295 pounds is my plateau zone.

I'm not going to try to break this zone just yet. My body is still sluggish, so all-out workouts just won't happen- but I can control what I eat to lose some of it, so that's what I'll do.

Breakfast has changed here and there for workday mornings, but has mostly been lean roasted chicken, raw spinach and cherry tomatoes. These do a body good, and I can eat them on the fly when waiting between drives. I'm not starving when I get home (or if I get done in time to go to the gym), so I'm not eating like a rabid beast at lunchtime. 
Idle hands while staying home? Not such a good idea. Stress eating doesn't do a body good!

Lessons learned:

When sick, stay upstairs as long as possible. No TV or computer up there. The only item is my laptop- which I never remove from my writing room- and the only thing I do on that machine is write. I never eat in any of the upstairs rooms.

Remove all food nearby when I want to graze. I was surprised how much PB I consumed with a butter knife while watching a movie. A little dab won't do ya!

If you still want to munch, make it veggies or watermelon- something that will fill you up, satisfy the crunch/sweet craving, but not cost a lot in calories.

Find something better to do with your hands other than scrape the vestiges of PB from the bottom of a jar!


Alas, I have gained back the weight. Yet I'll lose it again. Hopefully I'll lose more than five in the next few weeks. In the meantime, the PB will go back on the shelf, the watermelon is cut, and I have plenty of things to do with my hands- including writing this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment