I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, June 6, 2022

Year One, Week Thirty-Seven: Figures and Facts

Testing yourself is the best way to figure out what it will take to lose weight during Intermittent Fasting. Yes, you can also take medical tests, but beyond food allergies, the docs really can't tell if your body likes a particular food or fasting window.

So we have to be our own super sleuths.

Image by Markus Winkler from Pixabay 

In my case, bread seems to be my kryptonite. Years ago, I was doing Atkins and found I responded well to a lower-carb diet. I have yet to test pasta, but I should be doing that within the next week. 

I want to test for flour in general, so I'll also be trying out products with corn flour, like tortilla chips, in the next few weeks. It's gotten to the point now that I try one of my possible problem foods after two days of low-carbing. The scale reveals all.

As for rice, potatoes, and other starchy veggies, I don't seem to have an issue. I love potatoes, so I'm glad it's not on my kryptonite list. Believe it or not, potato chips don't affect the scale for me! 

It would if I ate a whole bag, of course, but I've nipped that particular habit in the bud.

After two days of low-carb eating in one-hour windows, I've learned to test one potential problem food at a time on my testing day to prevent confusion. Now that I've narrowed it down, it's easier to judge which foods my body wants and which ones to avoid. This kind of fasting also gives me my 'sometimes' foods, which are okay for me under certain circumstances.

There's a lot of investigation involved. But the effort is worth it.

I know what to order when we go out without asking for substitutions. I can prep for an event and not feel deprived or miserable because of bad choices eaten on a whim. And if something impromptu comes up, I know how to adjust my eating for the next few days if I do slip up.

No guilt. No shame. Total accountability. And the results are almost a seventy-pound weight loss so far.

The road to food freedom is littered with potholes and hazards. You will mess up. You will get discouraged. But if you keep investigating and testing out your food-consuming theories, in time, you'll realize what you need to do to succeed. And readjusting your eating windows and menus will get a lot easier. 

Trust me.

Your facts and figures will probably differ from mine. Everyone is different. Maybe you can eat bread but can't eat sugar. Whatever it is, you'll figure it out and make fantastic breakthroughs!


No comments:

Post a Comment