I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Year One, Week Thirty-Eight: Summer Surprises!

It's time to break out the summer wardrobe!

Image by Engin Akyurt from Pixabay 

Okay, my wardrobe stays the same throughout the year now that I stopped wearing sweat pants, but I have a shorts drawer in my dresser. Whatever can fit neatly in the drawer, that's what stays. A lot less storage that way.

Before we moved here in October, I knew many of the shorts I had were going to be too big this summer, so I donated most of them, save for a few that were a bit snug. (Positive thinking!) Most of them had ties at the waist that I double-knotted- really convenient for seeing just how far I've come.

But I wasn't expecting this!

These shorts were snug on me last year. Now I have to cinch them tighter because they're baggy.

That's a lot of space betwixt waist and waistband!

The shorts I wear for the weight loss photos are just worn for comparison pictures, so don't think I wear shorts all year long- far from it. 

As for the eating windows, I did well until this weekend, when I helped out at a men's camping conference. My daughter and I were helping get guys registered, freeing up the leaders so they could enjoy and work at the camping area. Unfortunately, since we weren't allowed on the grounds, they brought food out to us, so there wasn't much I could do with what I ate. 

I was back on track yesterday, and I'm planning on a few more salads and veggies this week. I feel a bit bloated and hungry (because I ate throughout the day for three days), but that was expected. A high-protein meal and some hearty greens will do the trick!

Two more weeks until my next weigh-in. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment