I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Year One, Week Thirty-Six: Setting A New Pace Weigh-In

This week was very enlightening. I really listened to what my body said each morning, and I decided what I would eat or not eat that day to see if my body reacted the way I wanted. 

It shouldn't have been a surprise, but I've finally figured out what my next pace in this dietary marathon is!

Photo by RUN 4 FFWPU

I need to do an Atkins keto-ish eating at least three to four times a week. When I do, the swelling goes down, and the weight comes off.

Basically, I just skip the bread, and I'm good to go!

So, why don't I just skip eating bread altogether? Because I was losing too fast. I want to keep it around two pounds a week, and I'd dropped almost four pounds in just a few days this last week. I don't want to crash my metabolism, so I'm being careful.

Besides, how can I give up bread when I'm a baker, for heavens' sake?

I'm sure I'll eventually have to give it up, but for now, here are the numbers:

                  4 weeks ago:                    Now:                       Difference:       

Weight           298                           295                         -3 lbs.

Bicep           19-1/2"                        20"                         +1/2"

Chest           56-1/4"                        55"                        -1-1/4"

Waist               52"                       51-1/4"                      -3/4"

Thigh           28-1/2"                     28-1/2"                     same

Neck               17"                           17"                         same

Hips                60"                         59-1/4"                     -3/4"


Still a lot of blue for a three-pound loss. I think a lot of the weight this past month was water loss. 

I can't tell you what a relief it was to see the numbers going down again! One of the best parts is when I do the high-protein and veggie days, I feel more satisfied, and the hungries almost disappear. The energy is coming back, and my stamina is slowly getting better.

Last week I truly felt like giving up. The scale last Monday read a whopping 302, and I thought my body would never let the weight go. But, on the other hand, I knew IFing was good for me- it was the longest I'd ever lasted doing any weight loss regimen, and I really had to sit down with my brain and rethink things. 

I was millimeters away from quitting, folks. Seriously.

But I also knew that the frustrations would be temporary because I was going through some stress that made me eat more not-so-great stuff. Emotional eating is a tough habit to break, but slowly, I'm chipping away at it. So I pulled up those big-girl undies and decided to try once more, think about what I was eating, and realized I'd had a lot of bread during the last few months.

I nixed the bread, took a walk or two, and now look at the results.

Technically I lost seven pounds this week, but since I only report my numbers once every four weeks, the difference is a three-pound loss. I'm okay with that!

Don't despair that the weight will never come off. It will. Just think about what you've been eating and your moods, and make adjustments.

And keep moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment