I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Year One, Week Forty: Expect the Unexpected

Oops!

    I made a blunder. We have an event this week, and I was prepping all last week for it. I started volunteering yesterday, and not only did I forget to post this blog, but I also forgot to weigh myself- yesterday and today!

    Sorry to disappoint, but I'll do my weigh-in and measurements next week instead of this week, and I'll be back on track in four weeks.

    So, what is this event, you might ask? It's called Creation. It's a huge Christian music festival that my husband and I volunteer for until Saturday. My husband is camping overnight because his shift is late in the evening, but I've decided to commute instead of camp since my shift is in the afternoon, and we're about a thirty-five-minute drive away. 

    I had an opportunity to sell my handmade denim bags at the festival to help get the funds we needed to start our bakery. So last week was spent sewing my butt off. This week I volunteered for face painting, which is starting tomorrow. I don't have my schedule yet, so who knows what my eating windows will look like.

    They allowed me to set up my selling spot yesterday, so I didn't have time to blog. When I started to write my post this morning, I noticed that this week was also supposed to be a weigh-in week.

    Oh, the irony of this blog post title!

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay 

    Forgetting my weigh-in wasn't the purpose of this post; what to do when you have no idea how to adjust your eating window was!

    Now that you have the backstory let's get to the original idea for this post.

    Because I've no idea about my volunteer schedule, the two biggest challenges this week are when I'll be eating and what I'll be eating. 

    I'll probably be scheduled right around the time I usually eat. The volunteer time blocks are four hours, and I'll drive to the venue instead of camping. With driving to and from, setup, and actual painting faces, that's almost a six-hour window where I'm not going to be eating. 

    Eat too early, and I'll be tempted to eat the Festival food. Too late, and I'll not only be tempted to eat the Festival food, but after I get home (if I resist), I'll be overly hungry and overeat.

    So there are choices to be made: 

1. Eat early the first day and see what happens. 

2. Take food with me that's okay to at from a cooler (though finger food and painting faces don't mix- and that's if I get a break, which might not happen.)

3. Take a gallon of water with me and drown my hunger until I get home, then cook something. 

4. Prep food before going to grab and eat the second I get home, so I don't waste time cooking, and take a gallon of water to drown my hunger during volunteering.

    The second choice is the worst among the lot. The rest involve me controlling myself around those good smells of the Festival food vendors. Of course, I could just forget eating windows this week, but my weigh-in is already overdue, and overindulgence isn't an option.

    Unfortunately, self-control isn't my strongest virtue. Sigh.

    Hopefully, I'll get my schedule today to plan things out better. Until then, I'll do a little menu planning so there's food in the fridge for my daughter and I when we get home (she is working this week and couldn't volunteer.)

    Fast, Feast, Tweak!


No comments:

Post a Comment