I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Year One, Week Twenty-Three: Will the Real Week Please Stand Up?

I have a funny story.

My brain decided to take a vacation last week, and I posted that it was week twenty-three, when in fact, it was week twenty-two (I fixed the issue.) However, I didn't realize it until I had already done my weigh-in and wrote down my measurements.

Wrong week- Whoops!

                                      You're not week Twenty-three...I am!


So I have my numbers, but I can't tell you yet, because I have to redo them next week... 

However, the news is good. Really good. I've not hit the 300 goal yet, but it's a lot closer than it was the last weigh-in! And the measurements are all smaller too- including my neck!

I can tell you a few other things that I forgot in last weeks' post. One is pretty significant.

In the beginning, I had a hard time showering regularly. It just hurt too much, and I was trying to avoid pain as much as possible. Sometimes I'd go as long as two weeks before facing the agony of showering. I couldn't even wash everything because I couldn't reach-  my husband had to help me. When I came out of the bathroom, I was nearly crippled in agony. Everything hurt, and my hips refused to work right, and I had to hobble two feet towards the bed to sit and get relief.
That was when my bathroom was in the bedroom in the old house.

In this house, the bathroom is next to the bedroom, and the bathroom is enormous compared to the tiny shower stall we used to have. Now I have a tub shower, so I need to step over the tub wall to get into the shower. It was harder to step inside when we first moved here, but at least I could stand the entire time and not be crippled by pain.

As of today, Nothing hurts anymore when I shower. I'm getting in once a week, and soon it will be twice a week. I can wash my body entirely now and reach all the parts I own! It feels good to bend and stretch with little pain, and I feel invigorated after getting out. Do you know how freeing that is?

Concerning the other improvements, I'm more active and can stand for more extended periods. I know I'll get more fit when the weather warms and we experience our first Spring up here in the mountains! In fact, I'm looking forward to it!

I'm seeing a significant difference in the skin on my neck and arms, and my face is thinner and less round. Clothing fits better or is even loose in some instances. I've yet to break out my capris (I wear them starting in the Spring), but I have a feeling I might have to take them in or donate them. Isn't that awesome?

Next week is weigh-in week. Sorry about that! I really liked the new numbers, and I hope to share even lower ones with you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment