I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, March 21, 2022

Year One, Week Twenty-Six: Feed the Machine

Last week was a lighter eating week. I didn't eat much when my window was open, and this week, the hungries roosted in my digestive tract. 

I ate a little more during most of this week, but not overly so until the weekend. We worked at an event, and the hours were smack in the middle of my window. So I opened my window wider for that day and fed the machine.

The machine liked it. A lot. The food wasn't even that great, but I ate anyway. And the next day at church, there was an event right after; This time, I ate within my eating window. I almost overate. We're new to the area, and I wanted to try all the home cooking of the locals. Most of it was totally worth indulging!

And here I sit on Monday, still feeling bloated because of the issues I mentioned in my last blog post.

It showed on the scale too. Let's just say I need more bananas this week. I fully intend to break the 300's this month!

Now, if you are in a diet mindset, the first thing you'll think is I slipped up. I assure you I didn't. I planned this. On occasion, feeding the machine keeps your metabolism on its toes, and since my weight didn't go in the right direction this week, I was afraid I might hit another plateau. So I planned to eat more this weekend, though I admit I'd forgotten about the event on Sunday!

Take that, metabolism!

This week, I'm back to smaller meals and a snack. My husband baked four cakes total for the first event, and the extra cake slices were carried over into the second event at church. People really appreciated the cakes, and I'm happy that there aren't a hundred additional cake pieces in my house.

I did keep a few pieces, though! 

As for exercise, my whole schedule made a drastic change this past week. Why? Because we got our deed last week! Apparently, our real estate attorney dropped the ball and forgot to send it to us- in December. Luckily God gave me a big mouth and a tenacious nature, and I called the county to ferret out what actually happened. As a result, my husband picked up the deed late last week on his way home from work!

So now the real work begins, and I'll be up to my armpits in exercise- mental and physical. There's so much to do now that we can finally apply for grants and loans to build our bakery!

I definitely want to be a lot thinner when the doors officially open. Baking is a stand-up, on-your-feet job, and though I'll have a chair nearby to rest on occasion (because I'm the co-boss and I said so), I really need to concentrate on building up my stamina. 

The machine is fed- back to my regularly scheduled meal plan!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment