I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, March 7, 2022

Year One, Week Twenty-Four: Pipe Cleaning Weigh-in

Last weeks' numbers, though a bit premature, were good. This week, they're even better.

Why?

Part of it was simple body mechanics. For example, when the pipes are clogged, you weigh more.


No, I'm not going to get gross by diving into the details, but I promised to tell all when I started this blog, and waste management is part and parcel of the human body.

If you don't have enough water, you get dehydrated, and your body starts to suffer. The same goes for when you can't get rid of the stuff your body doesn't want. I don't know what works for you, but for me, bananas are my go-to food for cleaning out the plumbing.

However, without moderation (more than one banana every 2-3 days), let's just say one doesn't need that special fluid the docs give you for a colonoscopy. The pipes are cleaner than a newly scrubbed hospital room. It took me a while to figure this out, and I'd gone without said fruit for over two weeks.

This week, we remembered to buy bananas. Thank God.

Constipation isn't fun. I wasn't so bad that I qualified for a political office, but it was close. Bloating, abdominal pain and a hard-packed belly don't do a body good- especially for weight loss. Learning how to hydrate and stay regular can be a challenge.

Again, thank God for bananas.

I also started walking again. Not long walks, but smaller, regular ones. The weather is warming, and those walks outside are quite invigorating for the body, mind, and spirit. Breathing fresh mountain air also does a body good- especially when the farmers haven't fertilized their fields yet.

This week is the actual weigh-in week, so let's get to the numbers!

                   4 weeks ago:                    Now:                       Difference:       

Weight           311                          303                        -8 lbs.

Bicep           19-1/2"                        19"                       -1/2"

Chest             58"                            57"                        -1"

Waist             53"                         52-1/2"                     -1/2"

Thigh           28-3/4"                     28-1/2"                     -1/4"

Neck            17-1/2"                        17"                        -1/2"

Hips                61"                           60"                         -1"


An eight-pound loss this month- how incredible is that? And I'm just three pounds shy of my next goal, and when that happens (not if!), by the next weigh-in, I should be out of the threes and into the twos for the first time in nearly a decade.

I also hit a total loss of sixty pounds. Sixty. That's more than a bulk bag of flour. I still can't believe I was carrying all that just two years ago. It blows my mind.

Intermittent fasting has saved my life and my sanity. And if you're still on the fence about IFing, I highly recommend you give it a shot. 

No, it's not for everyone. But if you've tried everything else and all you got was frustrated, this might just be the answer you were looking for.

And if you're already on your IF journey, I hope these posts inspire and encourage you to keep going. Join a Facebook group for IFing like I did. Lots of support and suggestions if you're stalled or just want to talk and share your story.

I'd love to hear your story in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment