I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, November 1, 2021

Year One, Week Six: Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Hello, Internet- It's me, Beth. I've missed you!

Unfortunately, this is a drive-by meetup. We still don't have the internet at the house and had to find an alternative. I'm in a Starbucks about an hour from home.

(Hugs EVERYONE)

The new place is shaping up, and my IF windows are leveling out. OMADs haven't happened at all this week, but the meals themselves have been smaller. They're also getting a little healthier.

I should definitely be eating more greens, but the farms are nearly done harvesting, and not many have fresh greens left, so I have to wait until I get to a store. Since the closest one is seven miles away, daily trips are becoming a nuisance. It's also time to stock up on goods since we have no idea what the winters are like. 

The new oven arrived yesterday, but the propane to run the stovetop won't be in for a week. So we've decided to stick to using the old stove for now, since the electric burners still work. Either that or we hook up the new one and only do baking. Not gonna happen. Sigh.

Hunger pangs have been weird lately. Sometimes I get them really early in the morning, and other times not a peep. Either that or I'm just too busy to hear them! 

I'm happy to report that I didn't eat a lot the other day, and the next day my energy was back! I've missed being energetic for so long (probably because I spent it during the move) that after a good rest and light meal, I was good to go, go, go!

Image by Capri23auto from Pixabay 

Okay, my go-go is the pace of a tortoise, but I'm still moving in the right direction. After all, that amphibian beat a hare, so any movement towards the finish line is a good move!


No comments:

Post a Comment