I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Year One, Week Seven- Maintaining My Energy

The past week has been an energy roller coaster. I've been going full tilt or completely in hibernation mode. I can't tell you how many times I cat-napped in the middle of the day. Part of me really wonders what the heck my body is up to!

One minute I'm running like a rabbit, the next, I'm snoring like a bear. And nighttime is fraught with insomnia or waking up every few hours to release the dam. Either way, I'm awake when everyone else is in dreamland.


We worked on many things in the house, including bringing in our freezer from the store and reorganizing it. Now that I know what we have, I can keep better track of my eating habits. Most of what we're eating now are meals I made way before the move (yes, we're still eating food I made months ago!) I'm so glad I pre-prepped! We finally unburied all of it, and it's all organized and sitting where it needs to be in the freezer for easy access. 

The oven still hasn't been replaced due to a postponement of our propane. We have the new range for the house sitting in the store, but it won't work without propane. So no baking just yet. I hope we get it hooked up before Thanksgiving! Kinda hard to crockpot a turkey...

No worries- we do have an electric roaster- just in case. Somewhere.

The crockpots are still packed, but I have a mission this week to find them so we can do more than frozen foods (even if they are homemade) and breakfast tortilla sandwiches. 

I also bit the bullet and bought a scale.

Yes, I know- don't look at me like that! I know it's not all about the numbers. This scale reads BMI and several other neato things to figure out what's going on in my body. But, unfortunately, doing measurements isn't encouraging me enough- I'm one of those people that needs to see the scale numbers to stay on track. At least until I get closer to my last goal. 

My daughter, who gained a lot of weight these past few years, is also using it. She weighed as much as I did when I got married and is already down seventeen pounds. She, too, is encouraged by the numbers on the scale.

I, however, won't weigh myself until next week. It's tempting, but after looking at my pear-shaped numbers last month, I want another week to maintain my composure- and my energy. 

We should be done unpacking in the next few weeks, and then it's off to clean out the store and transform it into our bakery cafe. I'll be getting plenty of exercise during the winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment