I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, November 1, 2021

Year One, Week Four- Going Pear-Shaped

 (postdated Monday, Oct. 18th 2021)

It’s measurement time!

Luckily for me, I found my IFF notepad, so I can at least figure out how well I did this month. The downside is we still don’t have internet access and no phone service because our phone upgrades are still somewhere in the postal system. Thanks a lot, pandemic!

Let’s look at the numbers:

 Original numbers:      4 weeks ago:          Now:              Difference:       

Weight 363 lbs.                ?                       ?                       ?                  

Biceps- 23"                   21"                      20"                    -1"               

Chest- 61-1/2"              59-1/2"             58-1/4"               -3/4"                 

Waist- 58"                    54-1/2             55-1/2"                +1"           

Hips- 69-1/2"                  62"                 62-1/2"                +1/2"              

Thigh- 32"                   29-3/4"                 30"                   +1/4"          

Neck- 18"                    17-1/2"               17-1/2"                same             


My top is getting smaller, and my bottom is getting bigger. Egad, I’m going pear-shaped!

 Image by PIRO4D from Pixabay 

This month was a series of events that created a lot of chaos- eating windows were too short, or too long, too much food versus OMAD, and a lot of ‘eat it before it goes bad/gets packed/gets tossed’ moments. Moving wasn’t good for me during my IF journey, despite my plans. But a lot has changed this week that surprised me.

Good stuff.

I find out here in the country, I’m not as famished as I was in the city. I’m a lot more mobile (unpacking a massive amount of cra-…er, I mean valuable belongings does a body good, except for the cramps from muscles long since unused to such expenditures.

Move it or lose it, indeed!

The water here is all well water, and I must say it is the best water I’ve ever tasted! Straight from the rocks; the locals told us they would show us the origin of our spring when we’re more settled. We used to filter our water in the city, and even then, it smelled faintly of chlorine. Ugh.

As for eating, mostly everything we’ve had so far has been from our freezer or from the local restaurants or diners. Eating out allowed us to do double duty- One, take a break from moving in, and two, check out the competition for our own business when we get started.

But that’s another blog post for another day.

Unfortunately, the current stovetop oven doesn't work well, and only the burners are functioning. The oven door doesn't shut properly, which is good for making jerky in the winter, but not much else. I have no plans to use it at all. Our new oven should be here in a week or two.

My family usually has a big breakfast in the early morning, and I usually don’t eat with them because that’s just too early to start my eating window. Even mid-morning was too early because once I ate, I felt more than a bit sluggish. Not good when you need to work all day unpacking. 

One great thing about country life is there’s lots of peace and quiet to hear your body talk!

After some experimentation, I found myself much happier and more energetic if I eat a light breakfast (aka half of what I normally eat) around 11:00 to Noonish and eat again before 5:00 or 6:00. I’ve eaten after that time on occasion because there just wasn’t time to eat at that point, but for the most part, this has been my eating routine give or take an OMAD that wasn’t scheduled.

I’ve decided on days that I start eating after 2:00 or 3:00, that will be my OMAD instead. I’m not planning them anymore, but I’m going by just how hungry I am instead. And no two OMADs in a row if I can help it.

Mobility has always been an issue, but I can honestly say this move had been the best (if painful) thing I could do for my body. I ache like crazy at the end of the day, but not overly so; it’s something I can work through. The feet swelling has been gone since the move, and the previous owners left behind a recliner that I use after the day is done.

After removing my husband, daughter, and cats from it, that is!

All in all, despite my pear-shaped beginnings, I think this move was the best thing I could do not only for my health but for the health of my family. I hope to report smaller numbers next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment