I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, November 1, 2021

Year One, Week Five: Keep Moving Forward

(postdated Tuesday, October 26, 2021)

This weekend, we moved our last load of boxes from storage into the house. Sort of- most of them went into the store since it’s conveniently attached to the house and is nearly empty.

Now, all we must do is sort everything. Like that’s a small job! Most of the unpacking will be done by me because my husband is working on repairs, improvements, and painting. My daughter will be helping us both when we need it. Poor kid.

The eating windows have varied in a good way this week, but the weekend was a mess because of the final moving of all our junk- I mean valuable merchandise. Only one day went by where my window was open an insane amount- thirteen hours- and I felt like a slug the entire day. Can you guess which day that was?

Maybe I’m still in a ‘diet’ mindset. Eat when you can, where you can really doesn’t work well for me, and I wonder if I should have made days like those into complete fasts instead.

I learn and I keep moving forward.

Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay 

Surprisingly enough, I took two days to do some canning. Tomato season is over, and I’m surrounded by farmers, and all of them were practically giving away their produce by the days’ end. I wound up with about six gallons of tomato base with peppers and onions. Yum!

When we were in Philly getting our stuff from storage, I took a side journey to get a load of fresh ginger, thyme, and rosemary. I’m going to be making a huge batch of my cold and flu-killing tea ice cubes today as well- hopefully, these will last for the next six months to a year. 83 cubes to be exact!

I hope I can find someone who grows ginger here, otherwise, I might have to start ordering it! As for the rosemary and thyme? I can grow that myself if no one around grows it. Maybe the ginger too. My husband is building a mini greenhouse in one of the upstairs bedrooms, so there’s a good possibility I can do a little self-sustaining gardening.

The biggest hurdle is not eating when my family does in the mornings. It was so much easier when my husband and daughter worked out of the house, but now they’re here full-time, and it’s difficult to not eat with them. Eating is the only time we really socialize because the rest of the day is filled with things to do.

One habit we’ve started is in the evenings when the work is done. Instead of watching something (since the internet is out still), we settle in my sewing room and read, sip our favorite drinks (mine is water, they usually have tea), and read, chatting about our day.

We found the DVD player the other day and I admit, it was like sitting in a movie theatre when we watched a movie. Before we moved, the TV was packed, and we watched shows on my husbands’ small laptop. Our TV screen feels enormous now!

However, we still prefer that quiet time as the sun sets just to be together, enjoying our books. I’m working on moving the furniture around in my sewing space a little, so we have a family reading nook that won’t interfere with my sewing. Tea spills and fabrics don’t mix!

Each day a little more progress is made in both the house and my IFF journey. I get farther every day. The weight took decades to put on, and it will take a lot fewer years to get it off. I just need to be patient with myself, and keep moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment