I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, December 7, 2015

Week Forty Seven: The Dear-God-I'm-Doing-It! New Eating Lifestyle

After being too long off of the weight-loss wagon, it's nice to have a bench seat again.

I closed my eyes and stepped on the scale. I lost one pound.

Not a gain. Not maintaining. Lost. I never knew one pound off could feel so good!

This past week was a series of better choices. I didn't get to walk much, but the eating was much better. I stopped most of the second helpings, and stopped having those calorie dense breakfast sandwiches. Hey, even homemade stuff can be full of calories!

Breakfast consisted of rotisserie chicken, cherry tomatoes and fresh baby spinach. Lunches were either Chic-Fil-A nuggets (once), homemade soup (a lot more than once), and a lean sandwich (once, half the cheese). Soup does a body good!

Dinner was tougher, because there wasn't much time to cook and take-out was the only option at least twice during the week. But I didn't dine at the regular fast food places; I stopped at sandwich or pizza shops and got a hoagie (sub or grinder to some of you non-Philly folks), a freshly made burger, or chinese. Not the best choices, but the best considering fast food!
When I did eat at home, a lot of it was homemade stuff I had previously frozen in single serving containers. Only a microwave required!

Now I just need to find a well- lit place to walk, since the only time I can do it is in the early evening when the sun starts setting. Or maybe pak the car a few blocks away from somewhere I want to go. I'll figure it out!

Lessons learned:

Fast food can be good for you if you look hard enough.

Homemade is better, so prepare ahead in case you can't cook.

Find a place to go (or is well lit) to walk- you need to!


I can't tell you how much difference a single pound can make. It's not even the numbers on the scale- it's the fact that I feel in control of my eating again, and what I'm doing is working. Thank You, God! I couldn't have done this without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment