I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, December 14, 2015

Week Forty Eight: The Dear-God-Holidays-Kill-Me New Eating Lifestyle

I am not a pie person. 
I am not a cake person.
However, when it comes to cookies and chips, I am a starving, rabid wolverine.

It's the holiday season. Thanksgiving and Christmas bring out a variety of goodies, and though I can get away with a piece of pie or two, one cannot hide the fact that one ate way too many Christmas cookies. Part of the reason is the weather is too unconditionally warm to hide my fat with a bulky sweater, but the scale doesn't let you lie- even to yourself.

Lost one pound last week, gained two this week. Mayhaps I shall fit myself with the cone of shame like doggies wear, but I have a feeling that sucker will be better to funnel more cookies down my throat.

Sigh.

I really need to stop looking at the "almost fifty pounds lost before this happened" and "almost a twenty pound gain" and look at the behavior instead. Numbers are numbers, and if this was a five pound discrepancy, it wouldn't matter as much.

Part of it is past bad habits come to re-roost. I'm so afraid I'll be hungry later that I "have a little something" before I go back out into the workforce- even if I already have something to eat in my purse. Don't ask me why I feel this way- I have no idea! The funny thing is when I forget to eat the stuff in my bag until later and don't have a snack beforehand, I feel pretty darn good. So this has to be all in my head. And hips.

In between jobs I come home and eat lunch. Then I have a few cookies. Then a bit of this and that. By the time I go out for job number two I'm quite full. Too full. But I do it every single time.

It also didn't help that I didn't have time to buy my rotisserie chicken, and I did ham and cheese sandwiches all last week. Not too bad calorie-wise, but not as good as veggies and chicken! I think bread makes me hungrier. I tend to eat a lot more when I 'sandwich it up' during the week.

Between the holidays and the jobs, there isn't much time left for an eating plan. I didn't even have time to slice up my veggies! Something has got to give soon- I just hope it isn't my waistband!

Lessons Learned:

Put the cookies under a crate in the dryer and pack boxes all around the door so you can only get to them when you really need a cookie.

Make time to cut those veggies and buy that chicken!

If all else fails, do a reboot in January, after your birthday (no worries, I was born early- on the 3rd!)


It's definitely looking like a full reboot folks. To be honest, there are just too many 'Christmas only' foods that I like, and I don't want to say no. Little yeses are good, I just have to make sure they stay little! Denying myself doesn't help matters- it just makes me want them more. So the goal is to still try and lose, but at least maintain and no weight gain. 

Pray for me. I need it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment