I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, December 21, 2015

Week Forty Nine: The Dear-God-My-Coat-Is-A-Turncoat! New Eating Lifestyle

I have a winter coat.

This coat fit me twenty or so pounds ago. I never thought it would, but it did- even if it was a teeny bit tight.


This coat is my only winter coat. And since my holiday eating issues, that coat is getting almost to the point where I can't wear it.

Who needs a scale to tell you you're gaining weight? Apparently not me!


I'll confess something. I've been buying snackable candies at this awesome Amish candy store near my second driving job. At first it was semi-good stuff like banana chips, but it escalated quickly into dark chocolate raisins- still good for you (if you don't eat the entire bag in one sitting), if a little calorie-dense.

Then came the jellybeans. I love me some jellybeans!

At first it was a small handful. All was good. I got a taste, and that was enough. But then it became two handfuls, then three...of each. The next thing you know I was eating a bag of each- per week.

I ate the last bite on Friday. I won't be buying any more. It's just too tempting, and I can't seem to control myself completely. Maybe one day, but not today.

This weekend I made carrot chips (just sliced them round and thin instead of the typical sticks) and bought some seedless cucumbers. I asked for an insulated lunch bag for Christmas, so I could keep them cold in the van as I drive- no sense eating them at room temp. Ew. 
I also bought a rotisserie chicken and will be going back to chicken, spinach and grape tomatoes this week, with a cobb salad or soup for lunch, with the sliced veggies or a banana or sliced apple for a snack. Dinner is up to my husband. 

My coat is a turncoat- but it's a good turncoat. It's helping me realize I'm gaining. Coats can't lie- and to be honest, I really don't want it to.
Getting back on track isn't easy. I won't be rebooting until the first week in January. But the reboot won't be as jolting if I start behaving better now, while the coat still fits!

Lessons learned:

If you can't control it, you shouldn't have it available in more than one serving at a time.

Rest. It's hard to maintain or lose when you're tired and achy from doing too much.


I knew this was going to be a tough fight from the get-go. It took me twenty years to gain all that weight, so why should I complain if it takes a few years to get it all off? Yes, I could've done a lot of things differently, but I'm still ahead of the game almost a year later- and that's better than it has been just a year or two ago.

Thank you for joining me on my weight loss journey- for cheering me on, empathizing when I stumble, and sharing with me your own journeys- I love you all for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment