I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Week Forty Two: The Dear-God-I'm-Working-It-Out New Eating Lifestyle

I don't have all of my ducks in a row, but a few of them are in line!

I'm down two pounds! Yay me- 293!

I was very happy to see a smaller number on the scale for a change- it can be so disheartening to not see some progress after so long a plateau. But I'm not done yet.

I'm still plateauing because I'm still not under 290. But I won't be breaking my legs trying to get there either. There's just too much going on.

I now have four jobs, all of them part time. Two are regular and paid, one is regular and volunteer (and important, so imma keep on doin' it!) and the last is sporadic, but will pay well when they call me. And that's on top of the momming, housewifing, writing and crafting.

Yet I still manage to find time to overeat. I amaze me.

Despite the candy craze of Halloween (Mom taxes deducted, then eaten), I managed to lose two pounds. Now let's see what I can do when I'm not eating chocolate. Okay, maybe less chocolate- I won't deny myself completely!

Unfortunately, the gym membership is going to be cancelled. I just don't have time to go to a separate building to exercise and we could use that money elsewhere. So my next goal is to get something small to exercise on, like that little elliptical doojigger I saw in a FaceBook ad or another exercise bike. Treadmills are just too darned big, and to be honest, I like the elliptical better than a bike because I have to stand. I don't need anything else keeping me on my butt, but at this point, I'll get anything that will make me more active!!

Lessons learned:

Having premade meals in controlled portions really helps keep me from bingeing.

Plan healthier meals that can be heated up in a jiffy. 

Do more on your feet when home.

Exercise standing up when possible- machine or not. Maybe dance silly dances with my daughter!


This will not be an easy fight- my body likes being big and will do anything possible to keep it that way. So I just have to change the way my body thinks- and that will take a lot more than a year!

What's your story? Share your struggles and triumphs with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment