I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, November 23, 2015

Week Forty Five: The Dear-God-It's-Thanksgiving-Already?? New Eating Lifestyle

If you think I'm going to put a single toe on the scale in the next two weeks, you're one drumstick shy of a full turkey.

No, I'm not going to pig out, but I'm not going to count every calorie either.

Yes, I'm going to have a lot of greens and veggies. And turkey.

Yes, I'll even have some starches and dessert.

I also plan on walking a lot since I won't be working for at least two days this week, and three afternoons will be free as well.

This week I'm not planning anything drastic, or learning any significant lessons. If I gain, I gain, if I lose I lose. I hope the latter happens. I will reboot next week.

One thing I will say is I plan on adding a few extra veggies to the table, other than the typical mashed potatoes and corn (which are more starchy than veggie). I want to add sauteed spinach, maybe some broccoli, and definitely some carrot coins into the mix. The carrots if nothing else. I have to see what I have time to make!

I will restart my reports again next week. I might even reboot this whole plan after my big birthday dinner in January. That will be a year since I started!

Hmm...six months eating plan, six months to maintain....I might be on to something!

No comments:

Post a Comment