I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, November 16, 2015

Week Forty Four: The Dear-God-I-Fed-The-Chip-Monster New Eating Lifestyle

Two pounds forward, one pound back.

This weekend was a weekend for relaxing. Part of that relaxing was taking a day trip to Lancaster to get the things we needed for the holidays. Lots of potatoes and pumpkin squash, and a trip into the Bad Lands- otherwise known as the Amish Bulk Food Store. We saved money on lunch by buying junk at the bulk food store. When there's five people in the van, that can be a significant savings.

Savings in money- not in calories.

Two of the snack items were chips. My favorite.

I fed the chip monster and it bit me in the butt.

The scale showed I'd gained a pound. Had I not eaten those chips, maybe the numbers would be different. Sigh.

Not much walking this week, though I worked a lot. Also, I didn't get a chance to buy anymore spinach, cherry tomatoes and rotisserie chicken, so breakfast sandwiches have been the go-to food until I can go shopping. The sandwiches are at least 200 calories more per sandwich, so that is also going to take part of the blame. 

I don't like skipping meals, but I am considering having a piece of fruit for lunch on those breakfast sandwich days.

Lessons learned:

Don't feed the chip monster. Ever.

When sandwiches are the only breakfast go-to food, plan lighter lunches to cut back the calories. Salads and fruit might be the best choices.

Make sure the fridge is stocked with good stuff before the week starts!

Plan shopping trips better when pressed for time- especially when you notice you're running out of something.

Cold salads for breakfast might also be a good option- just put the dressing on the side!


This week has been crazy busy, and I don't expect it to slow any time in the next few months- especially for the holidays. This has to be the hardest part of weight loss- finding that balance between 'time' and 'healthy' where you can have both. It might also help if i organized my low-cal recipes a bit better- maybe even write a cookbook! At least then I'll know where they are! :)

1 comment:

  1. These are all good ideas, Beth. I also read that soup for lunch will fill you up fast, and there are many good low calorie/low fat soups on the market. I found the most delicious DESSERT this week--honey crisp apples! I have never tasted an apple so juicy, crunchy and sweet! Wow.

    ReplyDelete