I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, October 26, 2015

Week Forty One: The Dear-God-I'm-Tired! New Eating Lifestyle

Eleven short weeks, and I will be on this journey for an entire year. That's a lot to think about.

I lost most of my weight in the first half of these forty-plus weeks, and the latter trying to maintain- or not gain so much as to weigh over 300 pounds. It's been a struggle.

Right now I'm not only fighting fat, I'm fighting peri-menopause, dental issues and financial fallout. That's a lot to juggle in a day, no less for a three month stretch! Though I'm not giving up fighting fat, I really do need to find time to rest and heal up a bit. 

Nothing can be more distracting than a sore mouth when you need to focus- and not all healthy foods are soft foods. The good news is not all bad foods are soft foods either!

I'm working on herbal solutions for the menopausal thing; unfortunately I have to take antibiotics for my infected gums. Odd jobs can be expounded on for more fundage, so I can work on that as I trudge along. 

Cooked veggies are becoming more prominent on the menu- and home-grown beets out of the garden then slow roasted are awesome! They're naturally sweet and are great hot or cold- and taste much better than the ones I bought at the store!

And they're easy to chew. Oh yeah!

While I'm eating my soft veggies, I'll be taking a look at my past posts from the beginning of this New Eating Lifestyle. Seeing how far I've come can help me stay on track to lose more!

Lessons Learned:

Sometimes no matter how hard you try, you need to switch gears concerning diet when some foods are hard to eat.

It's okay to falter- as long as you get back up and do it again!

Reviewing past posts can revive the spirit- and see where things could be changed.

Stop telling yourself you'll do better tomorrow- tell yourself you'll do better right now. One screw-up won't ruin the entire day, but bingeing will!



I'm going through a lot of changes lately, but that will only help me get stronger in the long run. I'll learn from the trips and spills, pick myself up, dust myself off and get back in the game. Can you imagine what the posts will be a year from now? I know I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment