I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, September 21, 2015

Week Thirty Six: The Dear-God-I'm-Still-Fighting New Eating Lifestyle

I'm still fighting Fat!

The progress is slow but I believe I'm gaining ground and losing weight. Unfortunately I can't tell you what the loss is yet because I was so busy this week I forgot to weigh myself!

The good thing about forgetting is I'm not focused on food- and it's been an emotional eating kinda week.

Another good thing- I found a small bit of fruit (this time a fruit salad with melon, pineapple and grapes) made a really good choice for breakfast. I didn't have as much time or energy to spare for the gym this week, but I feel thinner and don't have that bloated feeling I normally get when I have an 'emotional eating' week.

The down side? I did too much and now I'm exhausted. this is the hardest part of losing weight because 'resting' sometimes means 'eat comfort food'- and that can be bad, bad, bad.

But I'm not out of the fight- not by a longshot. I still have Fat on the ropes and I have a second wind!

Lessons learned:

It's better for me to eat a little bit every hour than a big meal in one shot- at least on the mornings I work. Fruit is more refreshing and less heavy than a breakfast sandwich (even the homemade ones), and a lot less calories. 

When I have fruit for breakfast, lunches need to be heavier in the protein department.

Keeping hands busy with food prep, paper sorting, etc. does a body good on those emotional eating days. Oddly enough, when I prep food, I don't eat!

A time to rest is just as important as a time to exercise. Sometimes more-so.

Never, ever give up! Take a small break if you have to, but never give up the fight.


I'm still fighting. It's not a losing battle but a 'losing' battle! To lose is to gain, and to gain is to lose. Weird, but true. And right now, the only thing I'm gaining is confidence- I'm going to beat Fat!


No comments:

Post a Comment