I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, September 14, 2015

Week Thirty Five: The Dear-God-I-Did-It! New Eating Lifestyle

As I look back on the past week, I still can't believe it.

I managed to do most of what I wanted to do!

I ate less.

I went to the gym three times. (would have been four, but we had a holiday)

And yet iI still managed to make healthy meals and eat less than I have been. Not entirely meeting my 1500 a day goal, but much, much better than last week.

I'll be honest with you. It was hard.

It wasn't easy getting up every morning at the crack of dark, making two breakfasts, taking him to work, working five to six hours, working out, then coming home to lunch, chores, and dinner prep. I usually went to bed early and fell asleep instantly.
It helped that my daughter (who now has to get up with us to make the school bus) made us breakfast a few mornings- it's a lot easier to eat a breakfast sandwich one half at a time during my work shift than to eat way too early and be too hungry when I get home- though I wish I could make sandwiches without bread!
Sometimes I do forgo the sandwich and make special eggs and bacon, eat that, and take a banana with me for worktime hungries. Both ways have worked out well and have about the same amount of calories.

I was surprised at how dehydrated I get when working though. But bathrooms are few and far between, so this is something I have to bear with- then guzzle like a fish when I get to the gym. The gym has bathrooms- thank You Jesus.

After being unemployed for so long (18 years; but I was working- just not getting paid!), it's hard getting back into job mode. Both writing and crafting has suffered, so there are still scheduling changes to be made, but for the most part, the morning routine works, as does most of the eating routine.

Menu planning? Nope. I need to, but nopity, nope, nope. I picked out recipes, but haven't made a list or gone shopping for the missing ingredients yet. 

Snacks? There's no time to cut veggies, so a big nope there too. Though I admit I don't have much time to snack anymore either!

Sleep? Oh, sleeping is good. In fact it's so good, I find myself falling asleep when I'm not supposed to!

Lessons learned:

There's more than one way to kill the hungries when working.

Write down places where there are public bathrooms and take breaks when possible so you can drink more water.

It's amazing how much dinner prep can be done on a coffee table while watching NCIS on Netflix.

It's also amazing how many recipes you can leaf through, papers you can sort, and straightening you can do while Netflix is on.

Pandora is awesome for 'cleaning music'.

Small naps are essential in having a clear mind if you plan on staying up past 8:00 pm. (especially when you're up at 4:30 am!)


This week was hard, but gratifying. I found myself accomplishing more and more each day, though I also see a need for rest. I found myself trying to talk myself out of going to the gym, only to stubbornly go anyway- and feeling better for having done so. 

I did it. At least I did most of it. And that my friends is a step in the thinner direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment