I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Week Thirty Four: The Dear-God-I'ts-Working-Out New Eating Lifestyle

It's working out. I'm working out. And the schedule? That's starting to work out too!

School started for my daughter today and will start next week for my son. I did my 'regular hours' driving, then went to the gym, worked out (at least 30-45 mins.) then came home, ate lunch, and started doing housework and prepping for dinner.

Food-wise last week was horrible- I found myself eating more each day, and tried experimenting with breakfast by making myself a breakfast sandwich (about 600 calories) each morning. The hungries were sated, but when I came home I grazed more- and none of it was veggie related! Allergies are kicking me in the hind end as well, and I found myself stress eating more than I wanted.

I did not weigh myself on the freight scale this week. It might have been detrimental to my progress.

Instead of weighing myself, I looked at the food I ate. I felt thinner and more energetic without that breakfast sandwich. Was it the bread, or breakfast as a whole that was doing it? Well, this morning I fully intended to just take a banana again (and only eat it when I got hungry- usually around 9am), but my daughter got up extra early and made my husband and I breakfast. 
My favorite. Special eggs with cheese,. spinach and tomato. And bacon. She knew my morning breakfast routine before I started working, and also knew I hadn't eaten it in a long time.

I ate breakfast extra early with my husband and daughter. It was perfect. (and about 430 calories.)

Later in the morning, I ate my banana, about an hour before hitting the gym. I wasn't starved, I had energy, and I did a pretty vigorous workout. I ate a light lunch of baked ham and cheese (no bread) and got to work on the chores.

It was a darned good first day!

I have no idea if this will happen every day (especially making special eggs for myself at 5am), but I'll take it when I can. Getting up a few minutes earlier might help. We'll see.

Lessons learned:

A late breakfast banana is a good thing. But a no-bread breakfast might be better in the long run. 

Exercising after work does a body good- and helps relieve stress.

Exercising also boosts the energy level enough so I get more housework done after I get home.

Dinner prepping early not only relieves stress, but makes cooking a lot more fun! (especially if you can prep in front of your favorite TV shows!)

TV is a nice break, but it's amazing how much you can do-and get done- while watching the boob-tube. Laundry or dinner prepping takes one or two shows, and before you know it, it's all done! It also let's you go through all those papers you've ignored for the past two weeks. Yay, decluttering!


Last week, I slipped. I know I ate too much. But getting back in the zone feels so good! I've felt more productive today than I had most of last week, and I'm not focusing on food as much. I had to remember not to weigh myself because I knew it would depress me. 
Maybe you're different- it might motivate you. But I know me, and I know what works best- for me. That's what this blog is all about; helping people find their own way through my experiences. I think we'll all learn something new about ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment