I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, July 20, 2015

Week Twenty Seven: The Dear-God-I'm-Getting-Muscle New Eating Lifestyle

Ever since my exercise bike broke (darn pedals!), I was lazing about instead of doing something physical to keep up the fat burn. So the other week I joined a gym, and started doing everything I could think of on the machines.

The good thing is I was also doing light weight training. The not-so-good news is I did too much of it.

Why is that not-so-good? Because I wasn't doing enough of the fat burning, cardio exercises I needed to burn calories. In fact, I became more concerned about toning, and became lax about the calorie crunching exercises that kept me moving. 

This week I'm focusing more on the fat-burning, cardio stuff. Oh I'm still going to work on the light weight training, just not as much. Even in the week of working out, my muscles are already stronger, and that's good.

But I'm not there to gain muscle. Not yet.

Eating has still been tough, but tweaking my eating schedule helped a lot. I ate a lot more fruit, but ran out of time to make proper dinners filled with veggies. There's always something to work on when losing weight- and I don't mean in the gym this time!

It doesn't help that I have a week-long event I'm making goodies for. It's too easy to taste-test as you bake- just to make sure they are baking correctly, mind you! But those calories add up, and I wind up eating more calories than I should. The funny thing is I'm not a 'sweets' person- I'm a 'salty'. Except for this week, where I'm surrounded by yummy sweet things every day. Ugh.

And I ran out of fruit two days ago. Yikes!

Lessons learned:

Toning muscle is good- building it too early isn't.

Focus on the calorie burning exercises for better weight loss.

Keep fruits and veggies well-stocked.

Put goodies under lock and key after baking. make it harder to get to them than to the fruit!

Look into more crock-pot meals with lots of veggies when the schedule is full. Cut, toss, season and start!

Cardio and fat-burns can also relieve a lot of stress- especially when you do it for more than twenty minutes.


Ironing out the wrinkles isn't easy. Sometimes it a right pain in the rear to work and re-work everything until things run smoothly- but one thing I did learn, which Nike has been telling us forever- Just Do It. get up. Get it done. Stop dreading and start treading. Those feet aren't going to move themselves! 

Telling myself these things each day gets me up and moving, motivating me to lose weight (and to get everything else done too!) Just Do It. Pray for strength. Try it- it might just change your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment