I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, July 27, 2015

Week Twenty Eight: The Dear-God-I-Hope-I-Survive New Eating Lifestyle

I'm still not sure if last week was more insanely busy, or if this week will be. I guess I won't find out until I actually survive this week.

If I survive. Food-wise, that is.

I did really well last week despite my crazy schedule. In fact, I wound up having a piece of fruit instead of a full breakfast at least two days out of the week, and sometimes only had time for a light but sketchy lunch. One of the keys to my success was I'd made some really awesome low-cal soups.

Two soups I depend on are Green Soup, dubbed by my daughter. All this is made of is chicken broth, some julienne chicken or pork (this time it was chicken), carrots, rice, and spinach. The spinach turns the broth slightly green, hence the name. The best part is a half quart is less than 200 calories!

The other soup was Chicken Vegetable Soup. This is also low on the calorie scale (a little over 200) for the same sized serving. All veggies and meat does a body good. Especially when you're in a hurry and can microwave a bowl in a few minutes.

I didn't exercise as much this week. At the gym anyway. I did however exhaust myself every day prepping for the conference, and hardly any of it concerned writing! I thank the Lord each day for my daughter, who helped me make about sixty-five dozen cookies (and yes, that is an accurate count) and several banana breads. My husband is making some vanilla and chocolate pound cakes, and I'll be spending today prepping dip, veggies and fruit for the conference coffee breaks.

How can I resist not eating everything we made? Easy. I'm too darn tired at the end of the day that I forget! I usually don't taste when I bake (at least after the initial taste that's mandatory), so when I have busy baking days, I lose more weight simply because I'm too busy to eat. I just have no interest in eating until all the baking is done!

Good thing I'm taking all of this stuff to the conference- otherwise I might be in trouble. Because them cookies is good. Yes, I had to taste test them the next day. Had to. It was a moral imperative.

This week I can graze as I prep, because everything is healthy. Veggies and fruits are easy to munch on when prepping, and as long as I leave enough for the conferees, all is well. I know many of the people attending the conference are in the same boat as I am, so healthy choices will give them a chance to behave. However, if they choose to indulge, they can too. I made the cookies cute and small so if one is eaten, their whole day isn't ruined.

But man, I could sure use a nap!

Lessons learned:

Cookies in hard-to-open, air-tight containers is a good way to keep my mitts off of them the day after baking.

Being busy and have soups ready to eat is the best way for me to stay on track.

Idle hands make for determined cookie container opening. Keep busy.

Having fresh fruit handy when strapped for time helps keep the Hungries away when you can't eat a full meal at that moment.

Always try to get to the gym, but if you know you're going to be running on borrowed time all day, it's okay to skip it- just don't make it a habit!


The conference starts Wednesday and will last for four days. The menus at the conference are dicey at best, but I hope to make good choices- or at least better ones. I just hope I have the energy to survive!

No comments:

Post a Comment