I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Thursday, June 18, 2015

Week Twenty Two: The Dear-God-My-Brain-Is-Fried-And-So-Is-This-Chicken New Eating Lifestyle

This is a week beyond weeks. I didn't backslide too badly, but boy, the stress is getting to me!

This was a week of chaos. I forgot many important things, and then had to run like a rabbit to get them straightened out. And just because i bought lettuce, doesn't mean I had a chance to eat any.

My husband was away last weekend and I missed him terribly. I had a face painting event that didn't profit well. My daughter graduated. I had deadlines, errands, and a ton of things on my To Do list. There just wasn't enough time in the day to get it all done and pay attention to what I threw down my throat.

Though I did try.

I didn't have much time to make dinner this week, and when I did, it had a lot of pasta. Before I knew it, I had consumed in one meal almost two thirds of my daily intake- and since that was at dinnertime, I had eaten over 2100 calories. Ugh.

But that was one day. I'll get over it.

I got a new driving job and the work is sporadic. Exercise has been hard (read: non-existent) since the weather isn't playing nice. You could row a boat on the humidity, and when it isn't beastly hot, it's raining. 

My husband said he would try to fix my exercise bike, but he hasn't had much time either- he's playing catch-up at work.

Don't get me wrong- this is not a venting post- it's just an 'I'm-going-nuts-and-am-frustrated' post. Too much to do, and not enough time to do it. Some weeks are just like that.

We don't usually do take-out; the calories are too expensive, and so is the food. But the pizza place was called at least twice this week, and the supermarket had really good fried chicken, so I splurged a bit and bought sustenance for my family. And there was no salad in sight. Just because I bought lettuce, doesn't mean I ate any.

Then I forgot I was supposed to make this post on Monday. Oops. 

No worries though- One hectic week isn't going to kill me. I hope.


Lessons learned:

Schedule, schedule, schedule! Plan things better so you aren't running about like a loon.

Better menu plans will help immensely when weeks like this come along.

More meat and veggies in the bowl- less pasta. Empty calories aren't worth it.

Eat the lettuce you bought. 

Boil eggs to have handy to add a little protein to salads.

Get the bike fixed.


This wasn't the best week, but for all the stress, I had one bad day out of it all. Not bad! The public pool will be opening up soon, and I should be able to schedule two to three decent swims a week- hot days won't matter then!
I'll be getting back to salads and continue with soups, as they are a great way to keep the calories down without sacrificing fullness. 
My only question is now- what will my weight be by my next appointment?

No comments:

Post a Comment