I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, June 22, 2015

Week Twenty Three: The Dear-God-I'm-Getting-Back-On-The-Bandwagon New Eating Lifestyle

Last week was a hot mess.

I was hot, and my schedule was a mess. It still is.

Last week I was so busy, I even forgot to make my regular post! This week I'm going to work on getting better organized- in my schedule and in the kitchen.

Fruits and veggies occupy most of my fridge space, and much of it needs prepping. I also cooked like crazy this weekend, so I have enough food to grab and go for a decade- maybe only a few days if my son eats- and since both kids are out for the summer, at least I have a few days reprieve from cooking.

I found myself eating more this week than I wanted, and had at least two days where I went over my 1500 goal- one days was over 2100. This week I'll be working on more veggie sides and main dish salads for lunch, along with fruits and veggies for snacks.

I peeled potatoes to make stew last night, and the kids love it when I deep fry the peelings with a little seasoned salt. I might just fry them up today for them as a treat, and maybe snatch a few for myself. Remember, I'm not denying myself anything- I just take less. 

This week I'm scheduled to see the nutritionist. I really hope I lost some weight, but I know it won't be as much as last time- there were just too many hurdles to jump this month.

The public pool is now open and I'll be planning swim sessions this week as well. I hope I survive this week!

Lessons learned:

Veggies good, a ton of fried foods bad. Don't expose yourself to these foods too often!

Prep those veggies!

Watermelon is a great filler-upper.

Cook in moderation. Too much prepped food could mean wasted food. That's where the freezer comes in handy.

Check the fridge before shopping to avoid overstocking on tomatoes. Again.

Buy or make a better scheduling planner.


this week was a mess, but I'm confident that things will get better. Especially now that I have kids to help with the housework!

No comments:

Post a Comment