I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, June 8, 2015

Week Twenty One: The Dear-God-I'm-Feeling-Skinny New Eating Lifestyle

I'm feeling skinny this week!

There's no real reason for feeling this way though. I didn't do much exercise, and I didn't dip under 1400 calories more than once this week, but my body just feels a lot thinner.

My arms look thinner- I can see a deeper angle at the elbow when I lift my arm.

My legs look thinner- especially when I lift them up while laying in bed.

My face looks thinner- my second chin is slowly but surely shrinking.

And my usually puffy feet have deflated enough that I can actually see ankles.

I just feel skinny! Not sure if it's deserved or not, but I'm going to revel in it while it lasts.

I'm also proud of myself for not binge-eating after a major disappointment on Saturday. It was something that would've changed our lives forever, but didn't happen. Instead of eating, I put that energy into making Plan B. Food never even crossed my mind, which was surprising.

This is Week Twenty One. The fact that I lasted this long is amazing, and even more amazing, my habits and mentality towards food is changing. I can now honestly say I'm eating to live, not living to eat. Probably for the first time since birth.

I don't look to food as an answer anymore. I don't find solace in food. It's no longer in control of me. I admit it's super nice to have a mug of hot soup in my hand while sitting in an overstuffed chair and reading a book, but I don't need the soup in order to relax. That's what's important. Before the soup was a need, now it's just 'something nice to have'.

Maybe that's why I feel so skinny. My brain is telling me that food is not in control anymore. I am. And who wouldn't feel good (and skinny) about that?

Lessons learned:

When you don't have a scale, take a look at yourself and feel the differences in your body shape.

Eat less on lower activity days.

Housework gets done better (and faster) when you put on your favorite music.

Wear shoes the entire day to help stifle excuses to not go for a walk.

Crockpots can be lifesavers during heat waves when you have to cook.

You are not a garbage disposal- any leftovers should be stored in the fridge- no matter how small. They can make a small lunch the next day.


Twenty one weeks seems like a long time, but it doesn't feel like a long time. I learn something new each week, and revise old lessons to better myself. And it all started with a little trip to the nutritionist. Best. Appointment. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment