I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Week Nineteen: The Dear-God-I-Need-To-Recalculate New Eating Lifestyle

It's been a weird but wonderful week.

In my last post I told you I went to the nutritionist's office to get 'unofficially' weighed in. What I didn't mention was I used a different scale. My last two weigh-ins were unofficial (one was on her scale and one wasn't), but I wrote them down anyway.

My official appointment was Thursday. The readout was 292.5 It looked like I gained a pound.

That was impossible. I know this because I had two days that were almost zero calories days this week (because I exercised most of them off), and I didn't go more than 100 calories over my 1500 limit. Something was off.

I went to the 'unofficial' scale, and it said 290.5. This scale said I lost another pound!

In my eagerness to find out my weight, I screwed up and used a different scale. Bad idea.

She checked my chart and my last 'official' weigh-in (about 4-5 weeks ago) was 300.5. I am now officially 292.5. That's an eight pound loss! So I didn't really break my plateau last week, but that's okay- I still lost a decent amount of weight, and stayed within the 1.5-2 pound loss a week ratio.

That. Is. Awesome.

The next time I want to check in before my appointment, I better make sure I use her scale next time- or add two pounds to the other scale. At least until I can get my own and calibrate hers and mine so the scales will be in sync with each other.

The next mini goal is to be under 292, then get into the 280's by next month. We set some new exercise goals now that my exercise bike is busted beyond repair (it was discontinued five years ago, unfortunately, and I worked the snot out of it and broke the pedal!), including talking my husband into taking walks with me. He needs to walk as well, just to clean out his lungs after working in a mill all day.

Even though the numbers got messed up and I'm heavier than I thought I was, it's still a triumph- eight pounds is a good thing! I can't wait to see the scale next month- I wonder what numbers I'll see next time?


Lessons learned:

Use the same scale, in the same spot for accurate numbers.

Using a real bike will be different than using an exercise bike- I have to adjust the effort vs. the time I spent on the exercise bike to lose the same amount of calories.

Walking is always good, but better if someone walks with you. Especially if he's your Schmoopsiepoo.

Swimming can be added to the exercise list when the park pool opens- and the mile walk round-trip won't hurt either.

Don't dread sweat- or pulling weeds in the garden.


This weekend was a holiday, and I ate stuff that wasn't the best for me, but still maintained most of my caloric goals. This week? Experimenting with salads!

3 comments:

  1. You are faring far better than I, but I keep trudging along behind. I've lost 9 lbs since January, so at least I'm making progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWESOME!! That's the whole point of this blog- to encourage others to keep trying! It took me years to figure out what would work and what wouldn't! You're on your way! Congrats on the weight loss Kate! :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete