I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, May 18, 2015

Week Eighteen: The Dear-God-Every-Half-Pound-Counts! New Eating Lifestyle

I had to postpone my Nutritionist appointment, but they still let me weigh myself before the weekend.

I'm now 291.5- I lost another 5.5 pounds!

This is not only a weight loss celebration, it's a benchmark- all thanks to that little half pound. This is the lightest I've been since I was pregnant with my daughter fourteen years ago

I had done the diet thing and the exercise thing, but the lowest I'd ever gotten was 292 pounds. I couldn't break that plateau. I'd remain there for weeks, then give up and gain all the weight back- and more. My weight was a yo-yo going in the wrong direction.

To be honest I really thought I'd lost more- 5.5 pounds is a little less than 1.5 pounds a week, and despite the fact I didn't exercise as much, I was still staying within my calorie counts. I was hoping to have lost more.

But when I saw that number 291.5, I had to smile. I'd broken a major plateau! How awesome is that?

My next goal is still 275, but I forgot all about this mini-goal until I looked at the scale.

It feels really, really, good

This weekend I was running a community event, and burned the exact amount of calories I consumed. Don't ask me how that happened. I couldn't calculate that if I tried! Calorie-wise, Saturday was a wash- 0 calories are hanging on the hips...WOOHOO!

I'll be working at the polls this Tuesday, so as long as I eat a good breakfast and take something for lunch I should be okay and not overindulge. Unless there's pizza. I might have that if they order it. Total yummo.

It's amazing what a little half-pound will do. It really does matter! That tiny weight loss turned a frustrating situation into a triumph. I'm encouraged to do more than I ever have, because that nasty plateau is shattered!

I go to the Nutritionist this week for my official weigh-in. I'm so excited to tell her about my breakthrough!

Lessons learned:

Every half-pound counts.

Stop grousing about how much you should have lost- the point is you lost.

Mini goals can be more encouraging than bigger goals.

Step up the exercise- even on hot/cold/wet/windy days- and days you ache from overdoing it at events.

Recognize that 0 calorie days are rare, and should remain so. Major calorie burns are good here and there, but not on a regular basis. 

Learn that sweating isn't a bad thing. 


That last lesson is a tough one- I hate to sweat. Unfortunately I'm really good at it, especially when it's humid. (That's more fortunate than unfortunate body-wise, but you get the idea.) It's already in the high eighties and sometimes nineties, and I look like I'd just been swimming after doing yard work- not to mention the sweat in my eyes and droplets dripping off of my hair. It's times like these I know someone important is going to knock on the door, when I'm a hot, sweaty mess. Bleah!

Water weighs a lot more than fat does, so maybe this can be a good thing- especially if I take a shower before seeing my nutritionist! Every half pound matters...right? Including sweat!

No comments:

Post a Comment