I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, May 4, 2015

Week Sixteen: The Dear-God-I'm-Having-A-Lousy-Cal-Week New Eating Lifestyle

Calorie-wise, it's been a rough week.

I was over my 1500 goal more often than I was under it. My exercise bike pedal broke. And i felt myself slipping back into old habits because we had company over the weekend.

But I promised myself I'd be honest in my calorie logging, and I didn't like what I saw this week.

I was over 2000 calories at least twice.
I was over 1700 calories at least twice.
I didn't exercise each day. When the bike broke, and I should have found other ways to spend those calories (at least 500 of them), but I decided to 'take a break' instead.

Two events over the weekend destroyed my calorie counts. One was a face-painting event with a pizza shop next door, and I bought a cheese steak. I ate half for lunch and half for dinner, then took the family out for ice cream afterwards. Let's just say there's a lot of calories in a two scoop cone with jimmies- especially when the ice cream is locally made and are called Raspberry cheesecake and chocolate raspberry swirl chocolate chip. In a waffle cone. A very rare treat i enjoyed immensely.

And then came Sunday.

There's something about cookouts that just make you want to eat more. We had friends over and I not only had a fantastic chicken sausage (on a roll no less) but a cheeseburger as well. I was only going to eat half, but I ate the whole thing. Then my husband brought out sliced bananas and strawberries- nice, redeeming fruit- and a homemade chocolate whipped cream topping. 
Had I behaved myself earlier, the topping would've been okay. It didn't matter, because I took some anyway. This is the first week where I completely lost control.

I'm concerned that I'll fall back into my old habits again. I don't think during this entire plan have I eaten so much in a two day period! Even now, early in the morning, my stomach is growling, and it hasn't done that much since the first two weeks. I'm also concerned that this is going to derail my weight loss. Clothing is still getting loose, so I think I have a good chance at redemption.

Walking is going to have to take precedence until the bike is repaired or replaced. I've no idea what to do on rainy days- maybe put on some tunes and dance? I'd become accustomed to my forty-five minute biking sessions- I hate making abrupt changes, but something has to be done to burn some serious calories, otherwise I'll be gaining again.

If this continues, my nutritionist might cut the calorie count. Honestly, I don't know if I can even do that at this point! When I stop panicking, I'll use this setback to spring forward, but for now, my confidence is waning just a bit.

Lessons learned:

Stop blaming events for falterings. 

Plan ahead and drink a lot of water at social events instead of eating food.

If you want to eat two foods, half the servings and savor them.

Find alternative exercises to not only use as a safety net when something breaks, but allow some variety in the workout. Target different muscle groups!

Get the veggies cut for snacks soon after you buy them and stop waiting until you're hungry.

Menu plan, menu plan, menu plan! 

When you lose control, plan more exercise and/or intake less calories in the next few days after the setback(s).


It's been a rough week, but I'll get through it. The best part about blogging all of this is I can look back and see my progress, and that helps me move forward! This week I'll be planning a lighter menu- clear broth soups, salads for lunch, more veggies on the plate at dinner- anything filling that will get those counts back under the 1500 mark. 
As for exercise, it's a beautiful warm day, so I'll be taking a nice long walk!

1 comment:

  1. The fresh start of a new week . . . I have faith you will get back on track!

    ReplyDelete