I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, April 11, 2011

What a Workout!

And so begins my second week at the gym. For one exception- I have no car.

My husband now drives to work every other week, and he worked on my bike so it wouldn't fall apart from disuse when I needed it. This morning, I needed it.

Wow.

The gym isn't too far from me- at least a mile, but no more than a mile and a half. I know it would take me a lot longer if I walked it, so a bike ride should be really easy...right?

Here's the formula:
Me + Bike + Hills + Gravity = Bikers Butt + Really Sore Leg Muscles.

Not only did I have to get off of the bike halfway there and walk a little (for fear that my legs would fall off in protest), but there were a lot of bumps on the road. My seat was the size of a postage stamp, so that made life just Super Extra Special.

And then I had to work out on top of it.

I did mostly arm, back and 'trunk' muscle groups (abs, chest and shoulders),but skipped the recumbent bike and treadmill. After all, I'd walked my daughter to school too!

When I looked at the clock, I had only done a forty-five minute workout- and I usually do an hour. I was beginning to feel guilty over it, but then I'd realized I had worked out this morning- just not in the gym! And the best part was...I had to ride the darn bike back home. I stopped feeling guilty and went out into the fresh air and overcast sky, grateful it wasn't sunny- that would just make me sweat more.

The first Rule of Thumb is not to sit down right after working out. So what did I do? I came home and got online to make this post. So shoot me- I'm a rebel at heart.

I've dedicated this day to be 'Getting Good Stuff Ready For The Week' day. Trying to do it when I'm supposed to be cleaning just isn't working out, so I'll be chopping veggies, making salad fixings and preparing healthier lunches for myself for the week. I'll also be making a nice chicken and rice dinner with some of the veggies, and planning a menu for the week- Something I was supposed to do last week and didn't.

I managed to stay away from flour all week, but flubbed on Sunday. Ah, who can resist the call of cherry danish when the church is serving it after service? Not me. Besides, if the church serves it, it has to be good for you. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! I had one half of one danish and enjoyed the heck out of it. Yum!

I think I'm better off doing a 45 minute workout when I'm biking in, and an hour if I drive. Eventually I may stop driving altogether, but for now, I'll just keep on keeping on until I feel I'm ready. I'll save the sweating for summertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment