I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Joined a Gym!

Here I am! See? I told you I was going to post more regularly!

One thing I'm very excited to report- I have finally joined a gym! The funny thing is, it isn't your typical gym- it's one in a retirement home!

It's small- much smaller than the other gyms I visited, but the people there were awesome! I got there much later than expected (I forgot I had a dental appointment this morning), so I didn't get to see the trainers much (they also do classes during the day), but the ladies working out there helped me to sort myself out in a short amount of time. It was also a lot cheaper, but I would have gone there if it was the same price as the others- simply because this gym has more heart. I like heart!

And I worked out for an entire hour!

Sweat was not an issue because I was just testing myself on the machines to see how I felt doing the exercises. I did ten to fifteen repetitions before moving to the next machine, never doing the same set of muscles twice. I stretched beforehand, then did some hand weights, then a lap on the recumbent bike, then some abs and lower back strengthening, then back to the arms, but on a different machine. By the time I had made it back around the equipment twice it was an hour! I could have stayed as long as I wanted, but I figured an hour was a good start. I didn't overdo it, though my muscles are a little achy. That's a good thing!

I'm going to walk to school to pick up my daughter, and the rest of the night will be a bit more relaxing. Every once in a while I'll stretch out the aches reeeeeeally slow- Hopefully I'll be a little less achy by bedtime, and not a big pretzel in the morning!

There's only one small down side to all of this. I have to sacrifice some of my 'house cleaning' time in order to do the gym in the morning (gosh, golly-gee, darn!). I usually have cleaning/baking scheduled for 9:00 to 10:00 am, but now I'll go to the gym as soon as I drop my daughter off at school around 8:15. I'm going to have the car every other week now, so on the 'no car' weeks I'll also be walking her to school and biking to the gym. So I'll get there around 8:30ish to work out. That also means I won't be getting home until almost 10:00 am- right on time for writing, which I will not give up! So a little schedule tweaking might be in order.

Maybe I can do the baking/cleaning thing on Mondays after I get back, and do the regular schedule the rest of the week. That way I get the goodies made and out of the way (since I don't eat them anyway!), and I'll only have to sacrifice one day of writing instead of trying to do everything each day. I'll have to give that a bit of a think first.

Please pray that I stay on track! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment