I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Determination

Many times when people start something new, their friends and family ask "So, how long will you be on this plan?" Especially if you're a procrastinator who has just started a new diet or started to work out at a gym. Then the next comment made would be something like "You really have to be determined to do it if you want to succeed."

Yeah, yeah, yeah...you're preaching to the choir, people.

I am not the most determined person in the world, unless it involves chocolate or shopping for fabric. But after Monday's muscle-killing bike ride, I began to wonder...just how determined was I concerning my new and improved lifestyle?

I got my answer this morning.

Rain greeted me when I awoke, and the forecast predicted a wet, dreary day. My husband took the car to work, so I was going to have to ride the bike again. My legs were hurting so bad last night that I took some ibuprofen right before bed. When I got up, I was truly surprised at how good I felt- except for one little problem- my right heel was still hurting pretty bad.

It has been bothering me a lot since I started walking with my daughter and going to the gym, but I've had this pain in the past, and it always worked itself out after I began walking regularly. But I really put it to the test these past two weeks, and it was hard to walk on at first. Not impossible, but I was still walking with a slight limp an hour later.

No bike. Even if I'd wanted to ride, it was pouring outside. But I still felt I should go to the gym. I needed backup!

I called a friend and asked of she could drop me off at the gym and come get me an hour later. She one-upped me and said I could borrow her car! Since she lives right across the street, I took her up on it with a cheer- I could go to the gym after all! I'd dropped off my daughter at school, so we didn't have to walk in the wet. I'd forgotten I have a hole in my sneaker- my foot would have been soaked if I walked! I could stretch my heel at the gym and talk to the trainer about it.

The trainer said I should get it looked at and ice it when I can. Since it's been considered a long term problem, I'll have to get it checked out by my doc.

Eventually.

Don't you look at me like that- the guy is in a clinic and it takes forever to get an appointment! So I'll just stretch it and baby it a little, and hopefully I can ride my bike on Friday- it's supposed to be sunny, and I'll go a lot slower. I promise.

So...that's how determined I am! Enough to use my friends car to get where I have to, in the rain, uphill both ways, with a bad foot. I could have skipped it, but I really didn't want to. I just thank God that my friend was home so I could go! And now my legs are feeling much better and though a little sore, not enough for me to take more ibuprofen.

I just need to stop blogging and stand up before I get stiff!

God Bless, and may you be determined in whatever you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment