I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Good Week, but Needs to be Tweaked!

Good day, Readers! Things have been quite busy here and yet I've managed to stay on track- for the most part.

Due to lousy weather, I've driven my daughter to school more than not, so I didn't get my full 10 miles in. I could have walked on my treadmill though- so that's no excuse. I can't keep 'waiting to afford the gym' before I get my butt in gear! So that particular task needs some serious motivation tweaking!

Food-wise I did well! Breakfast usually consisted of scrambled eggs and ham or a broccoli salad. When you're a protein person, those are good things! I listened to my body much better than last week (I would say at least 80% of the time), and wound up eating at weird times! Got up at 5:30, and sometimes didn't eat until after 10:00 that morning. But I noticed something interesting- whenever I had the eggs and ham, I lasted a lot longer before wanting lunch!

One time I ate eggs and ham around 9:00, and didn't get an inkling of hunger until 2:30 that afternoon- I don't think I've ever gone that long without having something- unless I was sleeping!

And the best part is- I don't feel deprived. I'm not eating as much, not because I'm starving myself (because I'm not), but because I've been resisting temptations to eat when I'm bored. Let's just say I kept myself busy enough all week so I wasn't that bored! And everything I've eaten are foods that I like.

The hunger came back a bit faster when I had something that was mostly veggies, but once I had some lean protein, I was good to go until dinner.

Dinner is the one meal I can't really mess with concerning time, because I cook for my family. We like to eat together- it creates a bond, and I don't want that to stop. But I don't want to be tempted by sitting there while they eat
either! So I devised a way to get around this little issue.

When I get hungry later in the afternoon, I have half of what I was planning to eat for lunch that day. So when dinner comes around, I truly am hungry, but not overly so that I'll overdo it. There is nothing worse than trying to be good and feeling so hungry you eat seconds- and start eating the leftovers before they go into the fridge!

And if it's really close (say, after 3:00), I'll have an apple or banana to tide me over until I have dinner on the table. But I only had to do that once.

Drinking water throughout the day helped too, and I'm also learning when I'm really thirsty too. All in all, this has been a very educational week!

I'll be weighing myself at the beginning of next week, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment