I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

I'm Fighting...Temptation!

This weekend was a hard one- we went to an event where there was a pie baking contest, and my husband had entered! People came in to have a sample plate of each pie. And you know I had to try some too- just too see if 'ours' was a winner!

Yes, I did take a plate that had a sample of each yummy entry, but I only had a bit or two of each! I tasted temptation, and was able to resist pigging down the entire plate. I let my kids share the rest.

My husband's pie won!

He won a gift basket filled with things for fall- a pumpkin scented candle, handmade soap in fall scents, and a jar recipe for what looks like a really neat soup. I was so proud of him! He has a gift with spices that I could never match- that pie was a new concoction! I just wish he would write the recipe down- something he hates doing!

I had behaved myself for the rest of the weekend, but the beginning of the week I got the hungries really bad. I found myself eating when I wasn't really hungry, and craving things like bread and ice cream. Not together, but one after the other. I am redoubling my efforts to eat only when hungry, and listen to my body instead of my mouth.

Personally, I believe the bread and sugar didn't help matters. I'm not a sugar fiend, but I really love bread and other floured items (like pie crust), so that might have had a part in my cravings. That's one thing I plan on monitoring as well.

As for the weigh in- every time I've gone to that doc's office it's been closed! I need to call them for office hours (I know some days the office is either closed or opens late) or find myself another doc within walking distance that doesn't mind me 'borrowing' their scale. As soon as I weigh myself, I will post the results.

Eventually I hope to have some pictures or video up for you to see what I really look like, and see the changes as I go. I'll keep you posted on that as well!

God Bless, and remember...when the devil reminds you of your past, remind him of his future!


1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good work! I'm going to post this on the main page and in the Health and Wellness group in the Ruby community. Thanks for sharing ;o)

    ReplyDelete