I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Slow Progress is Still Progress!

The day dawns bright and crisp this Monday morning, and what better way to celebrate than by weighing myself! It was a rough week due to bloating and having a head cold (not something I recommend having at the same time). Toast and chicken noodle soup were all I wanted, and not something I should have in place of meat and veggies- but who wants to chew a lot when your head hurts?

So I fed the cold, and starved the fever- and I laid on the couch a lot. I was surprised to see I'd lost one pound when I got onto the scale! Oh sure, that's a mere half-pound for the past two weeks, but it's still a loss! Especially surprising since I'd hardly gotten any walking in this past week. I hate being sick!

I still have some minor congestion, but the walk this morning was nice! I was feeling the burn in my calves, but not nearly as bad as it was the first time out- so I have a little more stamina, which is a good thing. The crisp air also cleared my lungs out a little, and I feel much more human.

The housework has been piling up, so I'll be doing a few vacuum lunges as well as working on getting arm muscle by hand-washing the dishes. Maybe even do a little stretching beforehand and afterward to get the cricks out.

Unfortunately the gym is looking less likely until the New Year, due to financial constraints. I am looking into other exercises to do until then, just to build up a little more stamina and gain more tone. I bought a book based on The Biggest Loser's exercise regimen (for home use- very little equipment needed), so once I study the guide, I'll let you know what I'm doing and how I'm doing it.

In the meantime...I'm Hungry! I haven't eaten yet (was up at 5:30- it's now 10:00), and the pangs have finally come, so off to a wondrous protein-filled breakfast! God bless, and may you have a fantastic day!


No comments:

Post a Comment