I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Friday, September 24, 2010

A Day of Reckoning

The day after Baking Day is always the hardest for me, for fresh baked goodies are a little too tempting.

I had a sample of each bread throughout the day, and noticed an immediate change in my energy level- in fact, I didn't have an energy level! I thought about what I had eaten that day and was surprised to find most of it was flour and sugar based (mostly flour)- the two things I should be having the least of! No wonder I had no energy!

I'd also grazed all day- you know, a little bit here, and a little bit there...not really having a sit down meal. Cows graze, and I was feeling like quite the bovine when I looked into the mirror- not something I wanted to think about! I hope to break this habit during my weight loss.

One thing I did do was grocery shopping, where I had listed fruit and veggies, and stuck to the list- though I admit, those potato chip bags were calling me! If I were a superhero, potato chips would be my Kryptonite- I love those things! But I resisted, managing to get out of the store with my determination in tact.

I highly suggest making a grocery list that includes veggies and fruit,
and stick to it (list them by name if need be- many times I listed 'vegetables' only to rationalize potato chips as a veggie!) If you are inclined to wander off the list, pick things that are better for you or try something new- I never knew what a Jicama was, but I now use it in stir-fry- it has the taste and texture of water chestnuts!

So try something new. or something you haven't had in a while- as long as it's fresh. Me? I gave some of my goodies out to my kid's teachers, and my husband took some to work. The rest I'm putting out of eyesight so I'm not tempted!

1 comment:

  1. OK my Sweet Friend . . . . I'm posting this to the Ruby community, and see if we can get a support team going over there. Let's update them as often as possible on our progress (I'm working on this, too!) and see if we can't encourage others to join us! Hugs, N

    ReplyDelete