I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Resisting Temptation!

Yesterday was a banner day for me! I baked for 4 straight hours, and didn't even have a inkling of wanting to eat any of the sweet stuff I baked!

I made three loaves each of raisin bread, banana bread, and peasant bread- the last being more like a rye, without that caraway flavor.

And I had two small slices of it with my soup at lunch!

It's funny how I can be baking all day, no matter what it is, and I usually don't even taste any of it. I guess it's a lot like working in a candy store- in the beginning you want to taste everything, but after a while, anything with sugar just doesn't interest you. Of course my family was thrilled, because now we have some sweets in the house!

I have been trying to reduce sugar consumption for the entire family. Yes, I know I baked some goodies, but I don't do that often and it's considered a treat. What I have stopped doing is buying goodies, and replacing it with fruit- much to the chagrin of my son, who's a sugar fiend.

The surprising thing is, when I did that, anything with sugar in it (including my own baked goods!) tasted way too sweet! I took a bite of the raisin bread this morning (it has a sugar drizzle on top) and found I liked the parts that weren't frosted.

I made a simple hamburger meal for dinner, and usually I have two burgers- but this time I was able to be satisfied with one. This was a lot harder to resist, because I love protein! So I got up from the table and found something else to do. I was in bed before I'd realized I wanted that second burger!

I didn't get my walking in due to hot weather and hot flashes. I hate humidity- it completely drains me! After all that baking I was tired, and when I'm near my energy limit, I start getting pains across my abdomen. I could have pushed myself, but I'd have been in a great deal of pain, and I didn't want to hurt myself.

When I get to that gym, the first thing I want to work on is getting my core stronger. That's what that pain across the belly means- I have a weakened core.

You'd think with all this belly fat that the opposite might be true, but noooooo, physics and I just don't get along.

I hope to get some video or pictures on the blog soon, so I can document my progress, and you can see me get thinner! I will keep you posted, because I have no clue how to do that- yet!

Please pray that I stay on track and not overeat, especially after a baking day. I do plan to attack that peasant bread (I love fresh bread with my soup!), but I don't want to eat half the loaf! I think I'll start chanting to myself....Smaller portions....better foods....You don't need that much....smaller portions...

C'mon everyone, start saying it with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment