I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, January 4, 2021

Week Fifteen: Mixing Things Up!

This week was a crazy one concerning my eating windows.

Some days I got home late and only had an hour or so to eat. Other days were so slow I came home earlier than intended and started my window early just because it was a habit I developed; when you get home, you can eat.

And then the New Year happened. The window was seven hours on Friday, five hours on Saturday, and about seven and a half hours on Sunday. 

Image by Emilia_Baczynska from Pixabay 

Sunday was my birthday and my husband surprised me with a few friends over and a four-course birthday meal (he does a five-course meal for me every year with about ten friends, but I figured it wasn't happening this year due to Covid.) 

Time and guests were restricted- I had three people come to celebrate; the big dinner, which usually takes three hours to eat, was served one right after the other with no pause in between courses. It was too much too fast not just for me but for everyone, and though everything was fantastic, no one could even eat dessert because they were so full!

I thoroughly enjoyed the CBA wraps as an appetizer (an invention we created made with pan-seared chicken, bacon, and asiago cheese, wrapped in eggroll wrappers and deep-fried golden brown), the soup was shrimp bisque (homemade- it takes two days to make), two kinds of risotto- shrimp and chicken- were the main course, and freshly baked pound cake made with a homemade berry drizzle and homemade lemon curd was the dessert- the one no one could eat because we were stuffed.

Sometimes I forget when I eat rice, I don't need to eat as much because it swells in the stomach, so I was fuller than I wanted to be by the time dinner was over. My eating window ended later than intended, and I went to bed still feeling full. It was a great day, but I could have paced myself better.

I can worry about pacing with the leftovers. Heh.

Leftovers- that reminds me! I talked with the hubster about freezing leftovers in single-serving containers so we aren't defrosting a rhino of a meal not everyone wants to eat. Last night he took the bisque and put what was going to be frozen in single-serving containers. The beginning of a new era in this house! 

We're going to start doing this with all the leftovers we know we won't finish in 2-3 days. This will not only save really good food, but no one has to wait ten years for an entire pot or casserole dish to defrost. I like the aspect of a variety to choose from when dinner plans get nixed at the last minute.

This week I intend to get back on a more regular schedule, and maybe try a few new things in the next few weeks. Trying to eat that one 500 calorie meal at least once to see how I feel the next day, for instance. Maybe even try one of those Body Groove videos that I subscribed to late last year and never used. 

I was also thinking of doing a few blog videos during my journey. My husband and kids gave me a new laptop for my birthday, and since it has a ton more memory than my current one, I might be able to start vlogging!

I want to mix it up a little! What are your thoughts?

May your New Year be a blessed one!

No comments:

Post a Comment