I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Theories Retested

Well, it's semi-official; I may not have tested positive for Celiac disease, but I'm definitely sensitive to something in commercial flours.

I had wraps for the past three days- one wrap a day, so it wasn't a lot, but as each day passed, I felt more and more run down. I pulled a few recipes for tortillas out of my collection, and will try making a no-wheat version of the same kind, using low or no-gluten flours. I also want to try making some with flour we bought in Lancaster at a Amish market. I noticed over the Christmas holiday that I ate peasant bread (I made myself) and didn't get tired after eating it. So that warrants some testing too.

This week will be spent 'cleaning out my system', meaning I won't eat any more flour just so the results from my next experiment aren't muddled by the tortillas I ate over the weekend.

Due to inclement weather I haven't had a chance to weigh in this morning, but as of last week I lost a little more- my total weight loss is now 27 pounds, and I am now a svelte 293.

And it feels good.

I have more energy (at least before I did this tortilla thing), and my clothes are much looser- in fact, I was gifted with new clothes at Christmas and my birthday (January 3rd- write that down) because my other clothing was getting a bit baggy.

One thing I did not do was save the 'fat' clothes- those suckers got donated the first chance I had! Why? Because I am determined never to fit into them again. There is no 'just in case' for me. These are going to be permanent changes in my life. Period.

I'll be using this time to see just how long it takes for my body to recover energy too- after three days of having tortillas, then not having any flour, I'm curious as to when I'll stop feeling so sluggish. I hope it's soon!

I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, keep those chins up and smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment