I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Week Thirty-Six: The Good, The Bad, and The Fluffy

What a month!

Three out of four weekends were considered open-ended eating days. Two of them were spent on weekend trips, and the last was a holiday weekend. The results were mixed- some expected changes and some surprises.

Image by klimkin from Pixabay 

The Good- I never ate myself into a stupor. Though I ate a lot and those windows were non-existent, I didn't eat until I was a bloated Jabba the Hutt. I also behaved myself during the week, sticking to my regular regimen of up and down days, eating one or two meals on those days. I also switched out my fasting days to fast during the long drive up and back from New Hampshire to get our daughter from college. 

That worked out better than expected, as we made fewer stops for both food and the restroom.

The Bad- I ate a lot. I had seconds. I finished off the leftover bacon from breakfast. Twice. Hey- it's bacon, people- I'm human, after all! I also indulged in one too many Lindor chocolates on more than one occasion. The problem with that is, I found out that eating too many of them causes the nearly same results as taking ex-lax. Good thing I found that out after we came home from the nine-hour road trip.

I love my daughter, but she has many of my old bad habits, and it was hard not to eat when she wanted to. I really enjoyed all of those family breakfasts together and missed them when the weekends were over.

And the extra bacon.

The Fluffy- Since yesterday was Memorial Day, My husband was home from work. No work, no weigh-in, because I need the freight scale. So I measured and weighed myself this morning instead. Good thing, too, because I felt really bloated yesterday!

Here are the numbers:

Original numbers:        4 weeks ago:            Now:              Difference:

Weight 363 lbs.                326                      326                      same

Biceps- 23"                       20"                    19-3/4"                 -1/4"

Chest- 61-1/2"                  59"                      59"                      same

Waist- 58"                     56-1/4"                 55-1/4"                  -1"

Hips- 69-1/2"                62-1/2"                 62-1/2"                  same

Thigh- 32"                    28-3/4"                    31"                   +2-1/4"

Neck- 18"                     17-3/4"                 17-3/4"                   same


Not bad for three weekends of chaos and a gimpy knee.

Yesterday wasn't a fully down 'down' day, but I ate a lot less than I normally would have for a regular day. To be honest, I'm glad that month is over! I'm ready to get back into my good routines and get a lot more done around the house.

As for my knee, the tendon is much better, and I'm almost 100%. So that means I get to do a lot of housework and decluttering now that my daughter is home with all of her stuff.

There's so much to do here- who needs a gym?

No comments:

Post a Comment