I'm Fighting Fat is about my journey weight loss! Come join me!

I'm fat. And I've been fat for far too long. It's time to start making changes, and this blog is to document those changes, along with a few tears, and even some laughs along the way.

This blog isn't about is going on a fad diet - in fact no 'diet' foods or pills are going to be used during this entire process! Any use of the word 'diet' in this blog will simply refer to foods being eaten, not any special plan or 'can or can't have' food lists.

I'll be eating a variety of foods, as unprocessed as possible. The plan is not to cut out or severely cut down, but to help my body (and mind) realize when I truly am hungry, and not depend on the clock to tell me when mealtimes are. Moderation will be the rule in both eating and exercising.

Join me on my journey, my trials, my failures and successes to discover a thinner me and possibly inspire you to lose weight too, without all the diet hype!

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

One Year, Three Weeks: Emotional Eating- The Lifestyle Eaters' Wrecking Ball

The past two weeks have been rough. 

We were hit with a huge snowstorm.
Because of the snow, I couldn't do my regular jobs.
Two family members had severe health issues.
The van needed some repairs.

Experiencing one of these can put an emotional eater off track. But all four? Let's just say I haven't been on my best behavior.

I ate good food (for the most part), but I ate too much of it. Yet my weight has maintained for the past two weeks- I can't tell you how relieved I am! I thought for sure I'd gained.

But I'm tired. Being tired makes me lazy and when I'm lazy I don't usually prepare my veggie and fruit snacks. It also makes me want to eat chips and other comfort foods. Bad, bad, bad.

I had a breakthrough today! I was food shopping, and chips were on sale. On. Sale. Seriously? My favorite 'no-no' food that I so desperately craved was not only right there in my face in bulk, but at a bargain price! I took two bags and tossed them in my cart.

Two steps later, I yanked them out of my cart and put them back. Then I finished shopping, sans chips. A small breakthrough, but a breakthrough nonetheless. 

Instead I bought cantaloupe, honeydew and apples and prepped them as soon as I got home. I'm going to win this war!

Lessons learned:

Anything that goes in the cart can come back out any time before checkout. 

Keep your hands busy when you're stressed. 

Walk when you're stressed.

Do anything else but eat when you're stressed!

Stuff happens. How you react to it is entirely up to you, not the chips or the sale signs.


It's been a rotten two weeks. But I celebrate every breakthrough and blessing, no matter how small. God loves that. He's the only reason I keep going every time I stumble. And if you read this blog regularly, you know I stumble a lot. God just picks me up, dusts me off, and helps me try again. And if He can do that with me, He'll do it for you too!

Remember what Dory said..."Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." Imma get mah bathin' suit...how about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment